Periodic Lineup errors

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
thrashdude

Periodic Lineup errors

Post by thrashdude »

I'm having a periodic issue with a single channel on a single line up. This issue appears on the same channel and lineup, not on any other channel (that I've noticed) on the same lineup.
Most recently this happened with Program ID: EP008799890044 on Time Warner Cable - Cable Ready (43204), channel 67 (ID 21484) at Tue Apr 20, 2010 (09:00 AM). The program should have been The Bad Girls Club: The Ugly Drunkling, instead it was America's Next Top Model. The girlfriend wasn't too happy ;) as this was the second episode in a row that should have been Bad Girls Club, but something different instead. She already deleted the other episode, so I could not grab the info from it.

Like I said, this is a somewhat common problem on that channel with various shows. No other channel seems to have listing problems, and our other line up does not either. Unfourntanetly, that same channel is not offered on our other line up. WOW only offers Oxygen on the upper digital channels.

Going to TVGuide.com shows the correct information. I use MythTV, and last updated the database on 2010-04-16 04:06. Your guide data is completely different compared to TVGuide, and WOW's programs guide on our DVR. Considering the girlfriend wants to record a few shows from this channel, what can we do to ensure proper guide data is being received?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Periodic Lineup errors

Post by rmeden »

you posted on 4/20 and your guide data is from 4/16 (4 days old???) You really should update daily if you want accurate data. It's amazing how often the stuff changes.

What does zap2it.com say (we share a source, but they get mid-day updates).

If day-old updates are not making to to the feed, then I can raise the issue, but 4 days???? You should update more often.

Robert

thrashdude

Post by thrashdude »

4 days is not that old to me. After all, it holds 14 days of guide data. Sure, I understand things change, but considering Oxygen carries no live programing, all syndication with an occasional movie, their schedules are set long in advance. I can imagine if I last updated 48hours ago, the response would be similar. I would just be informed to update the schedule. I guess I can set a cron job to update the schedule daily, just did not want to abuse the service.

Though I do not find this as a solution. The solution would be to provide accurate data in the first place, or at least, find the cause of providing inaccurate data. Considering this is a problem that occurs regularly on the same channel, either SD is getting wrong information about that channel, or the channel is providing the wrong information to begin with.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

While you assume Oxygen decides what episodes to show far in advance, that may not be the case.

Even if the network does know (and supposedly they do not), they do not always inform Tribune and Rovi. When they do, it's often at the last minute, hence the 4 day problem.

I agree it doesn't make sense. There are a lot of things in the TV data business that doesn't make sense, but the powers that be (mostly the Networks and Stations), don't seem interested in improving things.

Robert