TVG 0.5.5.0 Released

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
unixd0od

TVG 0.5.5.0 Released

Post by unixd0od »

New Features
  • Added the ability for TVG to create a scheduled task to have xmltv automatically run on a regular basis
  • My Schedule list is now dynamically generated from saved search results instead of just being a static list of shows. Create as many searches as you want with whatever criteria you want and choose which searches will be used to populate My Schedule.
  • All context menu features (adding notifications, finding other occurrences, plugin features, etc) work for items in the My Schedule list
  • Export My Schedule to HTML or Plain Text
  • My Schedule can now be selected as the startup page
  • Saved Searches can now be edited and renamed
  • Included a Visual Studio project template for creating TVG plugins (included in the source distribution "templates" directory)
Bug Fixes/Improvements
  • Upgraded the SourceGrid control to version 4.11 (from version 4.0.0.3)
  • Fixed some bugs in the behavior of the "Specific Dates" nodes of the tree
  • Fixed the text of mislabeled program settings and removed some unnecessary ones
  • Fixed a bug that prevented more than one saved search from being listed in the tree
  • Added "is movie" criteria to advanced searches
  • Added "is on today" criteria to advanced searches
  • Added ability to search by original air date
  • Added categories to the detailed display of movies
  • Programme details view now displays the shows original air date if available
  • Grid automatically scrolls to the current date/time on startup
  • Removed unnecessary program settings that were no longer being used but were still in the configuration file
  • Removed settings from the MCE 2005 Click To Record plugin that were not supported and were being ignored by MCE
MCE Record Over LAN 1.1
  • Improved error reporting, an error message is now returned to the client when something goes wrong instead of just a success/fail flag
Get it here.

unixd0od

TVG 0.5.5.2 Released

Post by unixd0od »

0.5.5.2 Released

Bug Fixes/Improvements
  • Fixed a bug in the Regex custom highlighters
  • Fixed a notification bug (1963238) that would falsely identify conflicts with shows that started before but ended after midnight
  • Fixed TVG to interpret show times in xml listings as UTC; using the offset feature of tv_grab_na_dd is no longer required and reconfiguring xmltv when DST changes occur is also no longer necessary
  • Fixed a bug in the icon loading code that prevented TVG from loading all available icons properly
  • Added support for highlighting shows based on their credits
  • Added regular expression support to the "Text Field" advanced search
  • Added validation to certain advanced search criteria fields that would cause TVG to crash if they were left empty
  • Removed duplicate search results from My Schedule

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: TVG 0.5.5.2 Released

Post by rmeden »

unixd0od wrote:0.5.5.2 Released
*Fixed TVG to interpret show times in xml listings as UTC; using the offset feature of tv_grab_na_dd is no longer required and reconfiguring xmltv when DST changes occur is also no longer necessary
Nice.. just make sure (if you haven't already), you don't *require* UTC... some folks like to put a Time Offset in the XMLTV config to make the files easier to read. A 'well behaved" application simply takes the provided offset into account when converting to UTC. If you want to require UTC that's fine, but make sure the offset is zero in the data.

Robert

unixd0od

Re: TVG 0.5.5.0 Released

Post by unixd0od »

I have not done that. This new release interprets all date/time values as UTC, ignoring any offset that's present. I'll change that in the next release.