Getting Schedules Direct working with KnoppMyth

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
cesman

Getting Schedules Direct working with KnoppMyth

Post by cesman »

Once SD goes live (if R5Fx isn't out):

1) Get and install the latest XMLTV (0.5.48 as of this writing) from xmltv.org.
2) Get and install the latest -fixes (mythtv and plugins).
3) Signup for Schedules Direct (when it goes public).
4) Create lineup on SD site.
5) Run mythtv-setup (<alt><s> (make sure you stop the backend <alt><2>)).
6) Deleted all video sources.
7) Create lineup using SD.
8 ) Run mythfilldatabase --refresh-all (give it a moment to start grabbing the listing)
9) Bind the new SD source to your input as usual.
10) Enjoy (exit mythtv-setup, start the backend <alt><1> and start the frontend <alt><m>)!

Example:

Code: Select all

wget http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xmltv/xmltv-0.5.48.tar.bz2
tar xjvf xml<tab>
cd xml<tab>
perl Ma<tab> PREFIX=/usr
make
make test
su
make install
exit
cd..
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv
svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythplugins
cd mythtv
./configure --prefix=/usr --arch=i586 --enable-dvb --enable-firewire --dvb-path=/usr/include --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-vld --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-mmx --enable-proc-opt --enable-memalign-hack --enable-xvmc-pro
qmake mythtv.pro
make
su
make install
exit
cd ../mythp<tab>
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-all --disable-festival  --enable-fftw --enable-sdl --enable-aac --enable-new-exif
qmake mythplugins.pro
make
su
make install
As I'm not running any version but the absolute latest, I won't be making packages for older releases. The instructions are easy to follow so building things from source should not be a biggie. You can also wait for the next release, which will include the above plus more!

badgers

Re: Getting Schedules Direct working with KnoppMyth

Post by badgers »

could you expand on step 7?
thanks

djb61230

Post by djb61230 »

badgers wrote:could you expand on step 7?
thanks
What he is saying I think is in mythtv-setup, change your source from zaptoit to SD. You will have to then put in your SD username (email) and password. Then "retrieve" lineup.

I found that you don't have to do step #6, delete video sources. You can do as I said, just change from zaptoit to SD. This is assuming your sources haven't changed. For example, I had an OTA lineup and a DirecTV lineup at zaptoit. Going to SD, these lineups were still the ones I need. So the video sources didn't need to be deleted and re-created.

macmkaz

Post by macmkaz »

I have gotten schedules direct working fine.

I wanted to update xmltv from its .45 to latest.

I installed xmltv per the previous steps using KnoppMyth R5F1. I got no errors. I did not reinstall mythtv.

After the install, I still get .45 for the version like it didn't install. Any ideas??

Also should I install 0.48 or 0.50?

The older version of XML is giving me lineup errors, I think, but the raw XML seems to be OK.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

0.5.50 is more current. IIRC since 0.5.48 there have been a few fixes on repeat detection.

Robert