Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
erinsabs

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Post by erinsabs »

rmeden wrote:
brownster wrote:A new version of PTVB would be nice, but it appears to be abandonware at this point. I would love to see it released to someone who can make the changes that would allow us to change from zap2it to sd easily. We PTVB users are having to use workarounds at this point.
I don't see any recent posts in the doublebit forum.. How have you guys tried to contact him? The web site is still up, that takes *some* effort.

BTW.. Evolve the "offical" listing provider does seem to be gone.

Robert
I originally used Evolve, they disappeared this time last year. No warning either. I was pissed. I just renewed my subscription a month before they stopped their service. It was only $10, but it would have been nice if they gave some kind of warning.
Erin

brownster

Post by brownster »

rmeden wrote:
brownster wrote:A new version of PTVB would be nice, but it appears to be abandonware at this point. I would love to see it released to someone who can make the changes that would allow us to change from zap2it to sd easily. We PTVB users are having to use workarounds at this point.
I don't see any recent posts in the doublebit forum.. How have you guys tried to contact him? The web site is still up, that takes *some* effort.

BTW.. Evolve the "offical" listing provider does seem to be gone.

Robert
Evolve left the scene a year ago. Jeff added xmltv support and went freeware. We have not seen Jeff on the board since 1-07. It would be nice if someone had permission to take the app and make the changes so we can use SD directly. Don't think it is going to happen. The workarounds are a pain, but we are still in the game.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.

brownster

Post by brownster »

erinsabs wrote: Here is what I have for my batch file:

@echo off
cls
echo Creating PTV Files
c:
cd C:\Program Files\Pocket TV Browser\
xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --days 14 --output provider.xml
ptvmanager -console:log.txt -transfer all
echo New Pocket TV listings have been downloaded
pause
exit

I just deleted the TVTweak and Palm sync lines
Your batch file looks fine as long as xmltv and ptvb are in "C:\Program Files\Pocket TV Browser\" directory.
When I run the batch file I get this error:
ERROR: Lineup Not Specified - Please Run --config
You need to run the xmltv configure line from command prompt within the ptvb directory.
Is VA45506 supposed to be my zip?
Because, it's not.
No. It is not supposed to be your zip.
My tv_grab_na_dd config file doesn't look anything like this. Mine has username, password, and timezone and that's it.
It should have a listing of the channels you have setup on SD website. Make sure you have channels selected on SD and reconfigure xmltv.
Suggestions?
I'm beginning to think my whole setup is just FUBAR. Should I just uninstall everything, reboot and reinstall.
Thanks in advance...
Erin
Don't do that... yet.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

PocketGoddess

Post by PocketGoddess »

Getting closer, but still need some help.

Run the batch file, and everything looks fine--I get the message that everything is downloaded and I should sync my Palm (that's from Jim's template, though I actually use a Pocket PC).

Thing is, when I check ptvbrowser.ptvb in the Pocket TV Browser directory, it shows Friday's date, even though I used the "clear cache" option in Pocket TV Browser and ran the batch file to download fresh this (Monday) morning.

Sync my device, and I only have seven days of listings left, which I know were from the old Zap2It service.

Anyone have any ideas??

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

OK you PTVB folks.. you owe Xris some cookies...

You can now change your userid to be a non-email address. Your PTVB program should then work w/o modification.

Please give it a shot. account -> edit my account (or similar)

Robert

PocketGoddess

Post by PocketGoddess »

rmeden wrote:OK you PTVB folks.. you owe Xris some cookies...

You can now change your userid to be a non-email address. Your PTVB program should then work w/o modification.

Please give it a shot. account -> edit my account (or similar)

Robert
No modification at all??? Even though PTVB will be using Schedules Direct instead of Zap2It?

More details would be greatly appreciated--I've been trying to get this to work for several days with no success! I did keep backups of everything before I started messing with all the settings and ini files. . . though my version of XMLTV has been upgraded. . .

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

My understand is PTVB creates a tv_grab_na_dd config file than ran tv_grab_na_dd.

I thought the problem was PTVB wouldn't allow the @ in the username field, which was kinda necessary when we had userid tied to an email address. You can now change your username, so the PTVB GUI will work if you change your userid (after upgrading XMLTV to at least 0.5.48 of course)

Robert

Rambler

Post by Rambler »

rmeden wrote:My understand is PTVB creates a tv_grab_na_dd config file than ran tv_grab_na_dd.

I thought the problem was PTVB wouldn't allow the @ in the username field, which was kinda necessary when we had userid tied to an email address. You can now change your username, so the PTVB GUI will work if you change your userid (after upgrading XMLTV to at least 0.5.48 of course)

Robert
Robert - Does it work for you?

brownster

Post by brownster »

It works!!! Thanks Robert, Xris and the SD Gang!!!

steps:

1. go to your SD account and edit your loginname to be something that has only alphanumerica characters.

2. Edit your ptvmanager.ini listingurl= line back to: listingurl=tv_grab_na_dd --share . --dd-data schedule.xml --days $days --output $provider.xml

or copy your old ptvmanager.ini file back.

3. Go to Listing tab in PTVB and set it up. It will say it is looking for zap2it... but the xmltv will actually be looking at SD.

This should do it!

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Rambler

Post by Rambler »

brownster wrote:It works!!! Thanks Robert, Xris and the SD Gang!!!

steps:

1. go to your SD account and edit your loginname to be something that has only alphanumerica characters.

2. Edit your ptvmanager.ini listingurl= line back to: listingurl=tv_grab_na_dd --share . --dd-data schedule.xml --days $days --output $provider.xml

or copy your old ptvmanager.ini file back.

3. Go to Listing tab in PTVB and set it up. It will say it is looking for zap2it... but the xmltv will actually be looking at SD.

This should do it!

Thanks,
Jim
I assume the .xmltv\TV_GRAB_NA_DD.CONF file will have to be modified back as well?