I am trying to write a simple way for PTVB users to switch straight from Z@It to SD to post on SD forums. I wanted to do this as soon as possible. I don't have time to test and check it out, but from my knowledge I think this will work. Please give feedback and help me refine the process.
If you are switching straight from Zap2It to SD, follow these steps:
1. Sign up for SD using an alphanumeric loginname. Do not use your email as PTVB will not allow characters such as "@" or "."
2. Set up your channels on the SD website.
3. Make sure that the latest xmltv.exe is in the PTVB directory/folder. It has to be in the same folder! XMLTV File Found Here
4. Go to the listing tab in PTVB and click the properties tab.
5. Select the zap2it as service... Which should already be selected as you were using zap2it 4. click next and enter your sd username and password in the appropriate spaces.
6. Click next and finish the setup.
You should be able to use PTVB as you did in the past. It will show the service as zap2it, but the xmltv.exe file will be communicating with SD instead of Zap2It. PTVB doesn't know any different.
Latest PTVB Can be found here.
You can install and follow the instructions as though you are setting up for zap2it as long as you have the latest XMLTV.exe file in the PTVB directory and have set up your SD account with an alphanumeric loginname and not your email account. PTVB does not allow non-alphanumeric characters in your loginname.
If you are having problems, you might want to uninstall PTVB and reinstall a fresh copy and run through the setup, making sure you choose Zap2It as your service with the latest xmltv.exe in the PTVB folder.
Hope this helps,
I will try a fresh install on my desktop to see if this is correct this weekend. If someone can check it before then and add, correct or confirm it.