Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
duanelong

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Post by duanelong »

Hey,

I appreciate the directions here. Got me pretty far, but one thing I cannot figure out. How do I convert the downloaded xml file to a *.tvdb file that I can use in pocket tv browser?

Any help appreciated.

D

Guitar4HIm

Post by Guitar4HIm »

duanelong wrote:Hey,

I appreciate the directions here. Got me pretty far, but one thing I cannot figure out. How do I convert the downloaded xml file to a *.tvdb file that I can use in pocket tv browser?

Any help appreciated.

D
If you have made the change to the PTVManager.ini file then issue the following command from a command prompt in the Pocket TV folder:

ptvmanager -console:log.txt -transfer all

At that point, the new listings are in the Pocket TV program and are also, ready to sync to your PDA.
Ken

Bobb

Post by Bobb »

I set my Scheduled download on the Schedule tab in PTVB to several days out that way PTVB will not download on its own.

Hope this helps!
Jim

I also asked this on the DoubleBit forums. If we did not load PTVB when Windows starts, wouldn't the batch file run anyway? After all it calls ptvmanager from the directory and copies the info to the install directory. All you would need to use PTVB loaded would be when you want to see listings on your desktop.
Or am I way off base?

Bobb

CBL

Post by CBL »

First, thanks for the help. I have it working all the way to the pda. Funny how it all makes sense when once you have it together. I have a lineup issue but I'll take that up at the appropriate forum.
Second, I have to set the auto-download several days in advance because I use the PC version all the time. But I think it's correct that there's no worries if you don't have it automatically launch.
Thanks again,
CB

brownster

Post by brownster »

Bobb wrote: I also asked this on the DoubleBit forums. If we did not load PTVB when Windows starts, wouldn't the batch file run anyway? After all it calls ptvmanager from the directory and copies the info to the install directory. All you would need to use PTVB loaded would be when you want to see listings on your desktop.
Or am I way off base?
Bobb
My experience is that you don't need PTVB running in windows. It will run from the command prompt and do the same. You cannot view the listing on the PC without it open though.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.

lindau

Post by lindau »

I have run the batch file and it stops after "Downloaded 28059 programs in 342 seconds"

How can I get it to run TVtweak, and produce a PDB for my Palm?

brownster

Post by brownster »

lindau wrote:I have run the batch file and it stops after "Downloaded 28059 programs in 342 seconds"

How can I get it to run TVtweak, and produce a PDB for my Palm?
Do you have the TVTweak.exe file in the Pocket TV Browser directory? You have to run TVTweak once and tell it where to find your xml file before you can run it with the auto command.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.

lindau

Post by lindau »

Yes, TVTweak.exe is in the Pocket TV Browser directory.

I rebooted and it got through running TCTweak.

This is the log.txt: Error: no program information
Database incomplete, errors encountered
Error: unable to create output file "PTVBrowser.pdb"

lindau

Post by lindau »

Yes, TVTweak.exe is in the Pocket TV Browser directory.

I rebooted and it got through running TVTweak.

This is the log.txt: Error: no program information
Database incomplete, errors encountered
Error: unable to create output file "PTVBrowser.pdb"

Guitar4HIm

Post by Guitar4HIm »

lindau,

How about posting the contents of your batch file. Perhaps, some of the "gurus" can spot the problem
Ken