XMLTV

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
sbtvlist

XMLTV

Post by sbtvlist »

I paid the $15 and set up the channel selections. I used Zap2it with XMLTV and the na grabber. The configuration uses my Zap2it user name and password in the configuration file tv_grab_na_dd.conf. Now, how do I begin to use this service? What are the changes that need to be done and how willl the XMLTX executable locate the new service?

Steve

cwarren

Re: XMLTV

Post by cwarren »

sbtvlist

Post by sbtvlist »

I looked at this topic and posted a question there as well. As far as I can see their isn't a good explanation on using the service.

Steve

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I just made a new XMLTV release that includes a tv_grab_na_dd compatable with Schedules Direct. (0.5.48)

kkid630

Post by kkid630 »

rmeden wrote:I just made a new XMLTV release that includes a tv_grab_na_dd compatable with Schedules Direct. (0.5.48)
0.5.48 seems working fine, using the new schedulesdirect logon/password. thanks.
steve

sbtvlist

Post by sbtvlist »

sbtvlist wrote:I paid the $15 and set up the channel selections. I used Zap2it with XMLTV and the na grabber. The configuration uses my Zap2it user name and password in the configuration file tv_grab_na_dd.conf. Now, how do I begin to use this service? What are the changes that need to be done and how willl the XMLTX executable locate the new service?

Steve

Everything works with the new XMLTV 0.5.48 version. However, using the email address as logon could be problematic in the future.

Steve

mazda01

Post by mazda01 »

can someone please inform me how to use xmltv with ubuntu feisty mythtv? I have installed xmltv (the latest) and all it's perl modules but I have no idea what to do next to get it to parse my SD account, then fill my mythdatabase with that data??? also, my username for SD is an email address, that's correct right? Can anyone help please.

JWJr

Post by JWJr »

rmeden wrote:I just made a new XMLTV release that includes a tv_grab_na_dd compatable with Schedules Direct. (0.5.48)
Working great here with SD. Thanks! -JW

gmdubois

Post by gmdubois »

mazda01 wrote:can someone please inform me how to use xmltv with ubuntu feisty mythtv? I have installed xmltv (the latest) and all it's perl modules but I have no idea what to do next to get it to parse my SD account, then fill my mythdatabase with that data??? also, my username for SD is an email address, that's correct right? Can anyone help please.
isn't it just a matter of running xmltv to get the .xml file, then

#mythfilldatabase --file <sourceid> -1 <filename>.xml

where you get the sourceid from
$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> select * from cardinput\G
cardinputid
cardid
sourceid=4
etc.

mazda01

Post by mazda01 »

gmdubois wrote:
mazda01 wrote:can someone please inform me how to use xmltv with ubuntu feisty mythtv? I have installed xmltv (the latest) and all it's perl modules but I have no idea what to do next to get it to parse my SD account, then fill my mythdatabase with that data??? also, my username for SD is an email address, that's correct right? Can anyone help please.
isn't it just a matter of running xmltv to get the .xml file, then

#mythfilldatabase --file <sourceid> -1 <filename>.xml

where you get the sourceid from
$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> select * from cardinput\G
cardinputid
cardid
sourceid=4
etc.
well I did that and it didn't work for me. I didn't realize that I needed to use the --output option with tv_grab_na_dd and I used the --dd-file and it didn't work. Hence why I am asking for specific syntax. You state, "isn't it just a simple matter of running xmltv to get the .xml file" BUT you're assuming everyone knows how to use xmltv. I don't. Also, what do I do with the source within mythtv-setup (currently zap2it). Do I remove it, leave it there what? Would I add a cron job to run tv_grab_na_dd once every 14 days or however many days it grabs? then would I run mythfilldatabase after that? if I remove the source (zap2it) I want to make sure I don;t run mythfilldatabase after exiting mythtv-setup correct??? Also, when I ran the Makefile.pl, it didn't overwrite my existing xmltv stuff that's stored within /usr/bin/. I am guessing that the older xmltv got installed when I just installed the ubuntu package xmltv-util. So as you see, these are the issues I have been dealing with since this morning and I have asked for specific sytanx and instruction since then and haven't gotten it yet so forgive me if I sound like a broken record.

Thanks for any complete help you can provide.