MacProgramGuide 0.60 problems with search

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
jdonato

MacProgramGuide 0.60 problems with search

Post by jdonato »

Hi all

Is anyone else having problems searching in MacProgramGuide 0.60?
Just downloaded this new version, and when I enter any search term, the results does not show programs whose name DO contain the term. Example:
If I enter "jordan" and press "enter" (return), nothing shows, even though I am seeing various instances of "Crossing Jordan" in the grid view.

Any advice would be appreciated

Luis

jdonato

Re: MacProgramGuide 0.60 problems with search

Post by jdonato »

Hi all

Just an update. Search in MacProgramGuide works, just be sure to enter your query taking into consideration capital letters, it is case-sensitive. The developer answered promptly to my e-mail question and could figure out what was obviously escaping me :oops: . He also told me that he will change this behavior in the next version, so that searches won't need to be case-sensitive.

Thanks to Kevin for his help.

Luis

jdonato

Post by jdonato »

Hi all

Version 0.61, just released, has search that is not case-sensitive, as promised by the developer.

... "Version 0.61:
Fixed issue with download problems on 10.5.3
Fixed search to be case-insensitive" ....

csonni

Post by csonni »

I just downloaded 0.61 but MacProgramGuide will not download listings. I have updated to OS 10.5.3. 0.61 is supposed to fix this problem, but not for me. Even all the words under Schedule in the menu are grayed out.

csonni

Post by csonni »

Deleted all files associated and reinstalled. Set up once again and good to go.

jdonato

Post by jdonato »

Sorry I didn't catch your problem before. I had the same problem (I think it's the second consecutive time I've updated and had problems). What I usually do is delete the preferences file (in your home folder- Library/Preferences/com.macwoodworking.mpg.plist). Obviously, I have to enter all my info again, but it works from then on, and I don't have to delete everything....

Luis