Re: MythTV Howto?
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:21 am
Here the link for a quick how to for mythtv requested the the original post.
Support for the Schedules Direct Service
I didn't get this errorTwo small comments after happily upgrading to Mythtv 0.20.2 and subscribing to SD (although these are repeats of the stuff many may already know, I find it important to underline them):
1) Upgrading (in my particular case on FC6 system on which I have installed MythTV using "yum install mythtv-suite" but should work on other distro's with yum,...);
-Exited MythTV and stopped the backend (this might be specific to your install, do not forget to stop backend properly first)
-Backed up (just in case) database : mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > /somewhere/mythtv_backup.sql
Got error 145: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES
I think he meant to say that he stopped the FRONT END. The backend must be running for the next command to work, according to my experience.(from various posts this appears to be a very typical case)
Repaired using : mysqlcheck -u root -p --repair mythconverg -1 recordedseek
Backup went well.
-Upgraded, as there is apparently no new "mythtv-suite" rpm, I used: yum -y upgrade \*myth\*
Went without the glitch. Rebooted, just in case.
2) Switched to SD as follows:
-Stopped backend (set to autostart on boot)
I think he meant to say all one word "mythtvsetup", run mythtv-setup
This may have changed since August. My email address didn't appear to work, so I tried it with just my user name, which worked fine. Deleted all channels. Went to Video Source,
and as helpfully "tgutwin" mentions picked up North America (SchedulesDirect.org) for the Listing Grabber.
As he underlines, USERNAME is not just the username but the complete EMAIL you have given!
At this point, I found that I had to run a channel scan, having deleted all my channels. I lost all my channel names and call signs.. After giving
it the password as well, locality got automatically populated.
once again, no dash in this program name
A few other notes: I did NOT lose any previous recordings. Having to retype in all my channels (callsigns, and titles) seems like a royal pain; maybe I am doing something wrong. There are only about 3 public access channels that get recognized by name. Otherwise, the Schedules Direct migration was pretty simple, considering how long I had been putting it off and dreading it!and run mythfilldatabase. Started the backend.
Everything is in order.
Thanks to previous posters here (and on othjer forums) for this quite smooth transition. Hope these details help,