Loading program data into TV-Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
bodo

Re: Loading program data into TV-Browser

Post by bodo »

What zip code and which channels did you use?

ekb

Post by ekb »

83854 -- Spokane, Washington, DirecTV ...

Thanks.

bodo

Post by bodo »

Hm, it works for me. How many channels do you have subscribed? Could you try to subscribe only to one channel?

If you start the tvbrowser from the command prompt, you will see a lot of output on the command line, could you send that to bodo@tvbrowser.org (it will be too much to post it here ;) ) ?

ekb

Post by ekb »

Tried just downloading one channel, still didn't work ... tried both tvbrowser.exe and tvbrowser.jar from the command prompt but got no messages, the program just opened and the command prompt reset to the directory name.

I suppose it could be one of those XP64 problems except that it is downloading the schedules direct channels and it does download European program info that I used as test.

What I will do when I get a little time is reset my Schedules Direct listing to another zip code and/or service provider and see what happens.

Thanks again.

bodo

Post by bodo »

You didn't get messages on the command line? Thats very unusual.

Have you opend a Command Prompt and entered the java -jar ... Line? Normally then you will see tons of messages.

Could somebody else try to reproduce this error?

bodo

Post by bodo »

I received your mail. You are making a big error :).

Please do not enter tvbrowser.jar on the commandline. You have to enter this line:

Code: Select all

java -Xmx256m -jar tvbrowser.jar
Only this command will start the TV-Browser with the correct memory settings, without it the schedules direct plugin can't work correctly. If you start the app this way, you will see a lot of output on the commandline.

ekb

Post by ekb »

reinstalled everything and I think I'm getting closer ... at least TV-B is no trying to download listings from SD ... here is the latest error message.

Couldn't download the program for the whole time!

----- Start of stacktrace -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: dreamboxdataservice/DreamboxDataService
at schedulesdirectdataservice.SchedulesDirectDataService.storeDayPrograms(SchedulesDirectDataService.java:297)
at schedulesdirectdataservice.SchedulesDirectDataService.updateTvData(SchedulesDirectDataService.java:263)
at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.updateTvData(DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.java:80)
at tvbrowser.core.TvDataUpdater.downloadTvData(TvDataUpdater.java:183)
at tvbrowser.ui.mainframe.MainFrame$25.run(MainFrame.java:1527)
----- End of stacktrace -----

bodo

Post by bodo »

Ah, now this is a message I can work with :D. I will fix this tonight.

ekb

Post by ekb »

Thank you, Bodo!

bodo

Post by bodo »

Okay, it will be fixed in the next nightly (23:56 German time, 17:56 New York time)