Loading program data into TV-Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
ekb

Loading program data into TV-Browser

Post by ekb »

TV-Browser is listed as an approved app, but I can't figure out how to configure it to get Schedules Direct listings. It doesn't support XMLTV and when I try and enter the schedulesdirect.org as the listing URL it tells me there's "no mirror" or that the url is invalid.

What I'm looking for is a program that sort of runs like Digiguide without Digiguide's infuriating instability like not retaining setup info for sorting channels and periodically reverting to listing every bloody channel despite most of them being locked in both Schedules Direct and Digiguide's own remove channel list.

Thanks for the help.

bodo

Re: Loading program data into TV-Browser

Post by bodo »

TV-Browser is listed, but we aren't ready yet :). The next Version will include a Plugin that is able to use the Data from SchedulesDirect.

At first I had to get the client java lib that loads the data from schedules direct and clean it up and enhance it. That step is done now and right now I am writing the Plugin for TV-Browser that uses the Lib to load the Data.

If we are ready with that plugin I will post in this forum and ask for beta testers.

Sadly I can't tell when the plugin will be done, but I hope it will be within a few weeks.

ekb

Post by ekb »

Thanks very much, I'm looking forward to trying the plug-in

RCDuggiedug

Post by RCDuggiedug »

Any info on the plugin yet?

Doug

unixd0od

Post by unixd0od »

ekb wrote:What I'm looking for is a program that sort of runs like Digiguide without Digiguide's infuriating instability like not retaining setup info for sorting channels and periodically reverting to listing every bloody channel despite most of them being locked in both Schedules Direct and Digiguide's own remove channel list.
Have you tried TVG?

bodo

Post by bodo »

Beginning with tommorow morning, our nightly builds will contain a schedulesdirect-plugin .

You can get the nightly here :

http://tvbrowser.org:8080/hudson/job/tv ... er/public/

But this is not a stable release, it's a development preview of the next tvbrowser.

Download the latest zip at the bottom of the site, unpack it and start TV-Browser with

Code: Select all

java -Xmx256m -jar tvbrowser.jar
To enable the schedules direct channels, you have to step through the wizard (there you will find only european channels :( ) and open the settings dialog (TV-Browser > Settings). In it you will find the Schedules Direct Plugin in the TV-Data Plugins-Tree. Click on it and enter your username / password. After that you can reload the channellist and subscribe to your channels.

Have fun with it :)

ekb

Post by ekb »

Sorry, but I think I'm missing something .. I loaded the Schedules Direct plugin but I can't get the channels to show up when I when I update the list.

bodo

Post by bodo »

You miss this important part:
bodo wrote:Beginning with tommorow morning
And tommorow != today :D. You will have to wait till 23:46 german time. That's two hours from now. Then you will be able to download the newest nightly that contains the correct schedules direct plugin.

ekb

Post by ekb »

I am red with embarrassment, I saw Schedules Direct already listed in the plugins and temporarily forgot that Germany isn't on the other side of the International Dateline.

ekb

Post by ekb »

Got the latest daily update, it loads the Schedules Direct channel list perfectly, but will not download any program information.

It gives a "Loading Schedules Direct Data" message on the lower left of the screen, which disappears after about 20 seconds with no download having been made.

Thanks