Just installed TVG 0.5.4.1 and have some comments.
After install It lost my config.. I ran setup again manually., but then it would not load the listings.
After existing the program and restarting, it went right to the automatic setup (didn't the first time, I ran it manually). Now I was able to load guide data.
I'm looking forward to the "Send to a Remote MCE function" as I have a remote Vista MCE box. I tried but was unable to get it to work. When I try and schedule a recording it says "unknown error". I ran wireshark and saw that I was talking to *something* on that machine. The last response from the listener was: (text parts only)
Code: Select all
PMCERecordOverLANInterface, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null..... &MCERecordOverLANInterface.RecordStatus.....value__...........
1. Add TVG somewhere to the "MCE Record Over LAN" service name. Maybe "MCE TVG Record Over LAN Listener"
2. Can you download pending shows from MCE? Would be great to auto-populate "My Schedule"
3. If #2.. can you identify conflicts? Maybe resolve them? Not sure if the MCE API allows for it.
1. Would it be a lot of trouble to right-click a show and be able to view the raw XMLTV record? It would help me troubleshoot problems for folks.
2. I think the grid detail box would look nicer if the fields were in consistent locations rather than a stream of fields.
3. Take a look at the TV_CHECK application in XMLTV. It would be great if you could either allow an export of "My Schedule" in the "shows" format. Heck maybe TVG can eventually replace TV_CHECK.
looking good.. I find myself using it more and more.