PTVL Weblink Not Grabbing Listings

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
sakarnesky

PTVL Weblink Not Grabbing Listings

Post by sakarnesky »

I am not a programmer, so I may not use the correct terminology. I have been using PTVL for years, and switched to Schedules Direct from Zap2It when Zap2It stopped providing listings. Today (January 1, 2008), I am unable to download Schedules Direct data using the WebLink application that formats listings for PTVL. I receive the following message:
"WARNING - Gave up downloading Schedule Direct for day X after 3 tries", where "X" runs from 1 through 14, as I like to grab two weeks' work of data at a time.

I checked my Schedules Direct membership status, and my account is not scheduled to expire until June 19, 2008.

I don't know if this is a Schedules Direct problem, or a PTVL/WebLink problem. I will appreciate any help in restoring my listings update capability.

Thanks in advance!

Susan A. Karnesky
Last edited by sakarnesky on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: PTVL Weblink Not Grabbing Listings

Post by rmeden »

when you log into your SchedulesDirect account, do you see your lineup?

Robert

sakarnesky

Post by sakarnesky »

I see my channel line up when I log into Schedules Direct (selected cable provider, channels I want to get information from). Is that what you mean? I just tried downloading listings again, and am still getting the same error.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Yes, that's what I mean. That result means two things...

#1. Your lineup wasn't deleted on the TMS servers (rare, but it happens)
#2. Your TMS account is functioning normally.

I suspect a PTVL issue now.

Robert

sakarnesky

Post by sakarnesky »

I apologize for troubling you ... a restart of my laptop took care of the problem. I should have thought of and tried this before bothering you and Michael Schoneman. My son was home from college, and used my computer for a few days. Perhaps something he installed messed with WebLink, I don't know. What I do know is that after I restarted the computer, and opened WebLink, the listings started downloading normally.

Thanks for your patience.

Susan