Schedules Direct on EyeTV

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
claudius139

Schedules Direct on EyeTV

Post by claudius139 »

Did anyone managed to made Schedules Direct listings working on EyeTV (elgato) software? Since it's still XMLTV format i was wondering how much effort is it really to make it work on that platform since there is no sign on their forums that they will support SD.

Actually, is there any Media Center application for MAC (not just epg) that can work and record listing coming from SD?

Thanks

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Schedules Direct on EyeTV

Post by rmeden »

Well, since EyeTV is a commercial product, using SD obtained data on it would be a violation of our TOS, our contract with Tribune, immoral, and fattening.

Robert

claudius139

Post by claudius139 »

Ok thanks for the quick answer and now can somebody tell me if a Media Center exist that has full PVR functionnalities in Mac that can use Schedules Direct? I don't care about the hardware i need to buy. I'm just tired of Windows and Media Portal which is slow as hell.

Thank you

pvr4me
Location: Oakville, Canada. Mac Mini Myth FE/BE on OSX, HDHomeRun, ATSC.

Post by pvr4me »

MythTV is an option if you are comfortable with Terminal commands. I have a C2D Mini in my home theatre running OS X 10.4.10, MySQL, and Myth 0.20.2--both frontend and backend. I'm using a HDHomerun tuner and, of course, schedule data comes from SchedulesDirect (Canadian & U.S. listings). Myth's PVR functions are way ahead of EyeTV. EyeTV just records certain timeslots on specified channels. In Myth, you define rules with incredible flexibility and Myth examines the available schedule listings to record as many of your desired programs as possible. Two-hour specials? No problem. Time slot changes? No problem.

There is good information in the Myth wiki and on AVSforum on how to configure and install Myth on Mac. Still, it took untold hours to get mine running the way I wanted. Dave Snider is hosting Mac binaries for complete frontend/backend systems or frontends only. Much still needs to be installed and configured beyond the MythTV binary. Totally different from the one-click EyeTV installer.

Craig