XMLTV / tv_pick_cgi in Windows?

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
DaveS-TV

XMLTV / tv_pick_cgi in Windows?

Post by DaveS-TV »

I downloaded and unpacked the windows executable (version 0.5.49 ) of the XMLTV package. The file “QuickStart” makes reference to tv_pick_cgi, but I don’t see a man page for it and it doesn’t seem to be included in the xmltv.exe.

Is it available for windows, and were would I get it from?

Thanks,
Dave S.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: XMLTV / tv_pick_cgi in Windows?

Post by rmeden »

DaveS-TV wrote:I downloaded and unpacked the windows executable (version 0.5.49 ) of the XMLTV package. The file “QuickStart” makes reference to tv_pick_cgi, but I don’t see a man page for it and it doesn’t seem to be included in the xmltv.exe.
tv_pick_cgi (if it works, I haven't heard anyone trying it in years) is part of the full XMLTV distribution available at http://files.xmltv.org. It's not part of the Win32 distribution because there are a lot of prerequisites... (Apache, etc) that simply aren't suited to the masses. As a matter of fact, in the 4+ years I've been generating the EXEs, this is the first time I remember someone asking about it! :)

If you can make it work, I'll be happy to add it to the Approved Application list. No reason why it can't be there.

Robert