csv file?

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.
lowbot

csv file?

Post by lowbot »

Is there a csv file available from SD? Writing a xml to csv parser is turning to be out more difficult than I thought. Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: csv file?

Post by rmeden »

At the moment we only have data in the TVG XML format at the moment.

XMLTV has TV_TO_TEXT which is pretty close, and can probably be easily modified to do CSV. (feel free to submit a patch or TV_TO_CSV based on it to XMLTV!)

If XMLTV is installed this should work (after tv_grab_na_dd --configure)

tv_grab_na_dd | tv_to_text >output.txt

(for windows put "xmltv.exe" in front of all the TV* commands)

Robert

lowbot

Post by lowbot »

Can I use the SD xml data to insert the listing for agents in a call center? Is this a license violation? Essentially, its just to tell our agents what is on TV when people call to give donations. None of this will be exposed to the outside world and I will be doing a pull of the data nightly and inserting it into our scripts. Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

In short: The answer is no.

Commercial (even non-profit) use is not permitted by our contract with Tribune and by extension our subscriber agreement.

I suggest you contact Tribune (I'll PM you their email) for a way to get data. They may even grant and exception to use SD.

Robert

wardeworth

Post by wardeworth »

No you can not use the SD xml data to insert the listing for agents in a call center..I think Commercial (even non-profit) use is not permitted.
iedge