Developer Request

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.
hijax2001

Developer Request

Post by hijax2001 »

I am looking for someone who can develop this seemingly simple request:

When Pocket TV Browser was alive and well for Palm (using schedulesdirect data), it offered one special feature that no app or program currently offers for iPhone (that I'm aware of...); it had a feature where you could browse an alphabetized list of all upcoming shows on the channels you subscribed to, regardless of what channel they were on.

This way, I could just go down the list until I found an interesting title. Then, when I clicked on it, I could see a description of the show, what channel(s) it was going to play on and the associated dates/times... even links to details regarding any upcoming, related shows if it was a series, its rating, etc.

I found this tool to be a GREAT way to discover new shows and seasonal specials that I was not otherwise aware of.

With this in mind, I would like to see the following:

An iPhone-friendly, web-based tool that flows like this...

1) Go to website address
2) Create a profile with a login for later use... the profile stores your schedulesdirect ID so that it can interact with your zip code, TV carrier, and chosen channels, etc.
3) Then each time you log in, the website automatically grabs the next 14 days of data from your associated schedulesdirect account and displays the interactive, alphabetized list I described above.

Optionally, it would be really nice to allow recordings to be scheduled directly from the site to my DirecTV DVR...but this could come later.

Who's up for this project?
Last edited by hijax2001 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Developer Request

Post by rmeden »

sounds like an interesting project...

Only thing I would add is a reminder that the web page can't have open registration, it needs to be for private use within a household. (if it uses SD obtained data)

Robert

hijax2001

Re: Developer Request

Post by hijax2001 »

Yes, this would be for my own family's usage. However, if someone can build this application and sell licenses for personal use in order to get paid for their work then I'm sure it all be financially beneficial to someone...and very useful to many.