Renewal time?

kayak4ever

Renewal time?

Post by kayak4ever »

I was just going through my old emails and found one that extended my membership until last December and I was so worried, I locked myself out of my account in the process of trying to find out when my account comes out for renewal. :oops: Once I am able to get in, I will be able to check, but here's my question.

Is it possible to send members a "reminder to renew" notice at least a week or so before the subscription runs out? I don't want interrupted service because I can't remember if the account started in Sept 2006 or Sept 2007 and when the first set of renewals will be coming due. I realize that SD is run by volunteers (even if they do get a small honorarium) and that some people would prefer not to get reminder notices, but if it could be set up to send a notification automatically unless you click in a certain box to say "no reminders" or vice versa, I would be extremely pleased. The reason I ask for at least a week's notice is that I don't have or want a paypal account so I have to arrange for one of my children to pay my bill for me.

p.s. I have been able to log in to my account and the date of the expiry of my subscription is not one of the pieces of information listed there. Now, I am stuck as I have only a vague idea that my initial $15 should last about 9 months or until sometime in May or June.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Renewal time?

Post by rmeden »

When your account expires, you can still log in to the SD web site (where you're given the option to renew). You just can't download data. Even on your last day of service, you can still download 14 days of data.

An email *is* sent to the address on record before the account expires. I just looked and Chris wrote it for 3 days before. That makes sense for the free trial (half the interval), but we should probably change it for longer-term accounts. I'll chat with him to probably add a T-10 day email. That's long enough where it won't trigger a second email on 7-day trials.

An email is also sent when the account expires.

So far we've exteneded the original Sept 2007 accounts to 9 months, so they come due in June. We may not have emailed everyone each time we extended the initial accounts.... they were getting kinda frequent. :)

You should be able to see your expiration date at https://www.schedulesdirect.org/account If you can't drop me a PM or email with your username and I'll look it up (and why it's not).

Robert

kayak4ever

Post by kayak4ever »

:oops: :oops: I looked and yes my account expiry is listed on the first page under overview. Some days I can look over an entire website and not see the single piece of information that I am looking for even though it is very obvious.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

switch to FireFox as your browser, then just type /expir (or /whatever) and it takes you right there. Many times I don't even read web pages any more, I just jump to the text.

schettj

Post by schettj »

Did I miss the method of renewing? Only 2 months to go... Can we renew early?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

schettj wrote:Did I miss the method of renewing? Only 2 months to go... Can we renew early?
Not at the moment... one month is when the window starts.... there may be a few changes coming up. :)

Robert

schettj

Post by schettj »

rmeden wrote:
schettj wrote:Did I miss the method of renewing? Only 2 months to go... Can we renew early?
Not at the moment... one month is when the window starts.... there may be a few changes coming up. :)
Ah ok... I sometimes find this site... interesting to navigate. I shall stand by. Thanks!

kayak4ever

Google checkout options- different email addresses

Post by kayak4ever »

Not quite an SD issue but my user email is different from my google gmail\google checkout email. If I enter "select renewal" from my schedules direct page (opened with my user email) but pay with my gmail address (although my real name is the same in each case), will schedules direct know that it is is me and my current account that is paying and not a new person with a different email address? I have not received a coupon code in the mail so if the coupon code is intended to link my payment to my schedules direct account, it won't succeed.

I hope this is clear because I can't think of another way to ask. I would like a bit of reassurance that my payment will extend my current membership rather than create a new overlapping one.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Yes... your google or paypal email do not have to match your SD email. The names don't have to match either (parent paying for a child's SD account or vica versa)

When you click the shopping cart link, an identifier is included in the transaction the back end uses to match it up.

To ask a question you can post in the forum or click the "contact us" link on the web page. We're not much help with application issues though.

Robert

kayak4ever

Post by kayak4ever »

Thank you. Renewal was as painless as it could be. I appreciate the advance warning so that I had time to carry out the necessary actions.