Repeats Don't Show

Sheherezade

Repeats Don't Show

Post by Sheherezade »

Using: Pocket TV Manager and Pocket TV Browser

Working fine with getting programs and listing programs in progress in red color.

NOT WORKING with showing repeat programs in another color or otherwise.

(Used to - before Schedules Direct.)

Is this function available anymore?

Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Repeats Don't Show

Post by rmeden »

There are a few threads about this.

Tribune changed the raw data to flag "new" programs instead of flagging "repeats". This effectively changed the default assumption from new to repeat... helps with syndication.

Tribune also only considers a show "new" the first time it's aired. If "A Daily Show" (formerly "The Daily Show") is on new at 9pm, the 11pm showing does *not* have the new flag.

The Original Air Date field includes the Original Air Date in both cases, so it may be a better indication of "new" shows than the "new" flag.

Sport shows (SP* episode numbers) do *NOT* have the "New" flag set.

Your application will need to take this into account, especially if it reads raw data (PTVL).

PTVB uses XMLTV and the latest version for tv_grab_na_dd takes some of this into account.

In my TV_CHECK application, I consider an Original_Air_Date of less than 2 months as "new". But it's up to the application to determine the date range to force something as new.

I'll write a sticky topic on this... the discussion has been scattered around a bit.

Robert

slim

Post by slim »

I want to add my vote to leave the new system as is. It is much easier to find new shows now.

Sheherezade

Post by Sheherezade »

Thank you for your reply, but I don't under stand it as it references my current experience. I am getting all my downloads of shows fine, I am not seeing repeats or new shows listed either by color or air date. I would like to see one of those. How can I get this to happen OR is this not a possibility with my service and application?

Pocket TV Manager and PTV Browser

Using Schedules Direct

Thanks

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

not sure.. sounds like a bug or a config setting in your application. the data's there.

I don't use those apps so I can't tell ya.

Maybe someone would know on those forum/mailing lists? Things have slowed down here immensely.

Robert

larrys01

Post by larrys01 »

I have the same situation with PTVB. Repeat shows appear as no different than new shows.

Sheherezade

Post by Sheherezade »

Oh fooey, here's the answer:

Go to: http://feebdack.com/tvtweak?page=1 and download their software (free). They may ask you to update some other Windows software crap, so I did.

Then run the program, make your choices - do you want reruns to show, etc., then click Tweak It!

Next, re-download your TV database and then hotsync. Voila. Works fine.

P.S. You only have to do the above shebang once.

Sheherezade

THIS IS FOR PTV Managers and Browsers.

lindau

TVTweak

Post by lindau »

I can't get TVTweak to run. It ran fine on my laptop (which is being repaired), but on my desktop I get this: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Sheherezade

Post by Sheherezade »

I'm not sure why you're having those problems, I'd check with the TV Tweak home page or post something and see what u get.

A correction on my earlier post: It appears you have to Tweak every day or time you download new listings. Darn!

cfcubed

Re: Repeats

Post by cfcubed »

Perhaps not directly related to this, but we had to make a small tweak to xtvdclient.jar for MyTelly to get firstrun/repeat status (think Bodo's taking the ball on xtvdclient.jar on sourceforge). Since that flag is not ultra-reliable added optional supplemental eval of Orig Airdate vs Airdate. The modded line went something like this:
schedule.setRepeat(!(Boolean.valueOf( reader.getAttributeValue( null, "new" ) ).booleanValue()));