Listings for digital tuner on basic cable

Lost Dog

Listings for digital tuner on basic cable

Post by Lost Dog »

I've done some searching so I apologize if I just missed it and this is asked repeatedly...

My cable is Comcast basic (Not digital) in the Southwest Washington area (98607).

I'm using MythTV with a HDHomerun tuner. I've scanned with QAM256, 128 and 64 and have quite a few channels listed. I'm really only interested in the local HD stations but the "extra" digital ones that are there are just a bonus.

When I scan, I get the standard 2.1, 8.1, etc but then there are quite a few that are listed at things like 76#5 with no information. I'm using "digital cable" as the profile for Schedules Direct due to using a digital tuner. Is there a way to get all these mystery channels listed?

Thanks!

disafan

Re: Listings for digital tuner on basic cable

Post by disafan »

You need to manually edit your lineup by finding out what station those unknown channels are and entering in the appropriate XMLTVID. You can also remap the channel numbers to something more meaningful to you.

Lost Dog

Post by Lost Dog »

disafan wrote:You need to manually edit your lineup by finding out what station those unknown channels are and entering in the appropriate XMLTVID. You can also remap the channel numbers to something more meaningful to you.
I thought it may be a manual situation. D'oh!

Thanks for the info. Is this something done in the myth backend or the database directly?

vabiro

Post by vabiro »

Lost Dog wrote:
disafan wrote:You need to manually edit your lineup by finding out what station those unknown channels are and entering in the appropriate XMLTVID. You can also remap the channel numbers to something more meaningful to you.
I thought it may be a manual situation. D'oh!

Thanks for the info. Is this something done in the myth backend or the database directly?

Here are some excellent instructions on how to do the job with MythTV, HDHR and SD:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHom ... c92cebdb24

Cheers
Victor

moonmoon

Post by moonmoon »

The HDHomeRun is a networked digital television receiver with two tuners.

tweak42

Post by tweak42 »

I had this exact same problem with my HDHomeRun and channel scanning. I finally figured it out when I found this guide after a lot of frustrating stumbling around.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Cha ... t_Channels

If you had some (wrong) schedule guide info already populated in the database you will need to truncate tables by logging into the mysql database and wiping the schedules, and then re-download them.

oxbadfood

Post by oxbadfood »

I always though the channel numbers with the # (hash) mark were encrypted by the cable provider? No?