Channel Icons and Names

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Channel Icons and Names

Post by rmeden »

you mean tv_grab_na_icons? What happens if you run that manually?

glosito

Post by glosito »

I seem to be getting this error also. I just reinstalled a brand new system with Ubuntu 7.04 and all myth packages. Upon running tv_grab_na_icons I continue to get "Invalid Postal Code, try again". Does anyone know of any workarounds?

Many thanks!

glosito

Post by glosito »

OK, so I downloaded the latest xmltv to compile and install. I've now used the tv_grab_na_dd --configure option and configured schedulesdirect and that was able to take my lineup just fine.

However, I'm still not sure how to get the TV Icons to show up. Could anyone suggest any tips? Running Ubuntu 7.04 with myth 0.20.2.

Thanks....

theminor

Post by theminor »

you mean tv_grab_na_icons? What happens if you run that manually?
Upon running tv_grab_na_icons I continue to get "Invalid Postal Code, try again".
I also get the Invalid postcode error. I will try tv_grab_na_dd --configure, but if you are still unable to get the channel icons, I guess it doesn't work? I'm also running Ubuntu 7.04 with myth 0.20.2.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

What version of tv_grab_na_icons? What zip?
I just tried with my home zip and it worked fine. tv_grab_na_icons hasn't changed since XMLTV 0.5.46 (4/2007)

Robert

glosito

Post by glosito »

I just downloaded and compiled/installed the latest xmltv (as of Oct 1, 2007). When I run mkiconmap.pl, it still errors out with invalid zip code. When I run tv_grab_na_dd --configure, it will ask me the questions for schedulesdirect - I then supply it and it grabs stuff, but I have no idea what it is, or where it's putting it all.

However, when I run "perl mkiconmap.pl", it still says "invalid zip code".

Does anyone know the full commands to output tv_grab_na_icons that I can put into an xml file and inport into the mythdatabase so I can skip mkiconmap.pl? Or would anyone have an updated mkiconmap.pl to share which will work with schedules direct?

Thanks!

(oh, BTW, if I run the latest version of "tv_grab_na_icons" by itself, it still says "invalid zip code")

[EDIT]

OK, I realized that for some reason the make install script SAID it was installing into /usr/sbin, but checking the dates in that directory revealed that it actually did not. So I went to the xmltv-0.5.49 source directory (where I compiled it) and ran the following:

perl ./grab/na_icons/tv_grab_na_icons.PL --share=/home/mythtv/icons icons

and got the following error:

cannot write to --share=/home/mythtv/icons: No such file or directory at ./grab/na_icons/tv_grab_na_icons.PL line 17.

The directory does exist and the permissions are correct...

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

glosito wrote:perl ./grab/na_icons/tv_grab_na_icons.PL --share=/home/mythtv/icons icons
You don't want tv_grab_na_icons.PL

try perl ./grab/na_icons/tv_grab_na_icons --share=/home/mythtv/icons

in the XMLTV distribution *.PL files typically are scripts that convert a *.IN to a *.

Robert

glosito

Post by glosito »

Thanks Robert for your response. It must have been late for me as I did not even notice that during the original build of xmltv-0.5.49, the tv_grab_na_icons default option was set to "no" for building (odd, since everything else was "yes"). Then, noticing the file was not changed in /usr/sbin, I just used what was left in the build directory (which was my original post above). After running make Makefile.PL again, I selected to build tv_grab_na_icons and it builded it successfully, however when I run it now, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

XML::Twig version 3.28 required--this is only version 3.26 at /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_icons line 81.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_na_icons line 81.
when I try to install XML::Twig via a:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install XML::Twig

It too fails, saying:

Code: Select all

Configuration:

perl: 5.008008
XML::Parser              :             2.34 (required)
Can't exec "xmlwf": No such file or directory at t/zz_dump_config.t line 34.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at t/zz_dump_config.t line 35.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at t/zz_dump_config.t line 108.
expat                    : <no version information found>
Scalar::Util             :             1.19 (for improved memory management)
Encode                   :             2.12 (for encoding conversions)
LWP                      :            5.805 (for the parseurl method)
HTML::Entities           :             1.35 (for the html_encode filter)
Tie::IxHash              :  <not available> (for the keep_atts_order option)
XML::XPathEngine         :  <not available> (to use XML::Twig::XPath)
XML::XPath               :  <not available> (to use XML::Twig::XPath if Tree::XPathEngine not available)
HTML::TreeBuilder        :             3.13 (to use parse_html and parsefile_html)
Text::Wrap               :      2005.082401 (to use the "wrapped" option for pretty_print)
Test                     :             1.25 (for testing purposes)
Test::Pod                :  <not available> (for testing purposes)
XML::Simple              :             2.14 (for testing purposes)
XML::Handler::YAWriter   :  <not available> (for testing purposes)
XML::SAX::Writer         :  <not available> (for testing purposes)
XML::Filter::BufferText  :  <not available> (for testing purposes)
IO::Scalar               :            2.110 (for testing purposes)

Please add this information to bug reports (you can run t/zz_dump_config.t to get it)

if you are upgrading the module from a previous version, make sure you read the
Changes file for bug fixes, new features and the ocasional COMPATIBILITY WARNING

t/zz_dump_config....................ok
Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/test_with_lwp.t               13    1  5
Failed 1/88 test scripts. 1/4056 subtests failed.
Files=88, Tests=4056, 14 wallclock secs (12.94 cusr +  1.38 csys = 14.32 CPU)
Failed 1/88 test programs. 1/4056 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
So, I guess I'm fairly stuck here. I remember doing an install of Twig on an older version of mysql for mythtv, but never got these errors. I know this isn't the place to post these types of errors, but if anyone knows of a website that has a correction to this problem, I would be very grateful. All I seem to be finding on google searches is other's similar errors with no fix.

Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

CPAN can be a bit of a pain..

See if your linux distro has an updated XML::Twig package.

Robert

pdragon

Post by pdragon »

I'm still having the same problem with the WWW::Mechanize package. Twig installed fine for me, but WWW::Mechanize is the one perl package that the icons program needs. I've tried it on 3 different ubuntu installations (2 fiesty, 1 dapper LTS) and on debian as well, and they all fail spectacularly when i try to install WWW::Mechanize from CPAN. Installing it via apt-get or synaptic works, but the configure script for xmltv doesn't recognize any of the perl modules as being installed unless it's installed successfully with CPAN.

I'm not a perl person and don't use CPAN much (i'm surprised i've figured out as much as i have) so i'm really not sure what the problem is.