3 month limit, recurring subscriptions

balthisar

3 month limit, recurring subscriptions

Post by balthisar »

I know this is addressed in the FAQ, but...

Maybe there are going to to be a lot of people that wait about three months to see what the "real" price is.

This will deflate the number of initial subscribers, as they may be sitting about waiting.

Also, a number of the initial subscribers may only subscribe with the belief that the price will drop significantly after three months, and then ditch if this weren't to happen.

How about a deal where us sincere folks are able to pay, say, $100, with the understanding that the first three months will cost $15, and the remainder of the sum will be dispersed evenly at the "final" subscription cost (whatever it amounts to).

This will give you a VERY good idea of who's really in it for the long haul, and maybe you'll be able to set final prices more logically with better data and less churn.

(Also, you indicate that you've had a lot of out of pocket expenses. I can't donate $1000, but I don't mind donating something above the subscription cost if you don't think your team will be able to recuperate those expenses.)

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: 3 month limit, recurring subscriptions

Post by rmeden »

That really opens a can of worms that would take a lot of time and coding to fix.... what if someone changes their mind and wants their money back, special handling for "balances", etc.

I just don't think it's worth it right now. Cash is tight, but not that bad.. plus that problem will go away once we can get *some* cash flow.. ( waiting on legal )

Robert

rshendershot

Post by rshendershot »

I would opt to continue my subscription if it were the same price/mo or less. I'm surprised you don't plan automatic renewal in that case.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

we will offer automatic renewal.. just not in the first cycle.