RE: Price Lowered and Membership Extended!

gharris

Re: RE: Price Lowered and Membership Extended!

Post by gharris »

I guess I'll add my 'I want the newsletter' post as well.

Thanks for the quick turn-around guys!

inman009

Post by inman009 »

StarDestroyer wrote:The message that just went out to the announce list said that the announce list was going away, but I'm a little unclear as to what one has to do to get the new announcements. It said something about posting in the forums and checking the newsletter box.
I believe you need to go to the "Announcements" forum. At the bottom of the page, you'll find a link "Subscribe forum". Click that link and I believe you'll be notified at whatever e-mail address you specified for the forums when anything posted to that topic (which is restricted to postings by adminstrators).

sps

Post by sps »

I just wish to take this opportunity to thank those involved for getting this service up and running and for already reducing the price. Way to go!

neilschelly

Post by neilschelly »

inman009 wrote:
StarDestroyer wrote:The message that just went out to the announce list said that the announce list was going away, but I'm a little unclear as to what one has to do to get the new announcements. It said something about posting in the forums and checking the newsletter box.
I believe you need to go to the "Announcements" forum. At the bottom of the page, you'll find a link "Subscribe forum". Click that link and I believe you'll be notified at whatever e-mail address you specified for the forums when anything posted to that topic (which is restricted to postings by adminstrators).
The message announcement specifically said users need to have posted in the forum though. I expected that the "newsletter" checkbox was the one I get when I login to the site and follow the link for "Edit Account Details" (outside of the forum). So to be safe, I'm posting now in the forum and should continue to receive announcements. I've also subscribed to the announcement forum. I guess I'm covered, but I imagine I'm not the only one to have trouble interpreting.
-N

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

StarDestroyer wrote:The message that just went out to the announce list said that the announce list was going away, but I'm a little unclear as to what one has to do to get the new announcements. It said something about posting in the forums and checking the newsletter box. Are both required? Obviously I've now posted in the formus, but I hadn't before this.
You can view the announcement forums via Board Index -> Annoucements or click HERE

At the very bottom of the page there's a link to "Subscribe to this forum". CLick it.

Both are not required, but to be honest they will not contain the same thing. We'll only bother members via email for major announcements. Minor announcements will just go to the forum.

Robert

Allrod

Post by Allrod »

To the SD team - Thanks for the service.

And a question. Based on the response you have had so far, and the rate of growth, does it look like the goal of getting enough users for $20 for a year long subscription will be reached in a year?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

My personal, educated guess (NOT A COMMITMENT)........ YES.

Dachannien

Post by Dachannien »

Thanks much for passing the savings on to us so quickly. Here's hoping it lasts a long time :)

ldkronos

Post by ldkronos »

rmeden wrote:We'll only bother members via email for major announcements. Minor announcements will just go to the forum.
This notification didn't go out to the newsletter. I'm surprised. I kind of consider this a major announcement. You reached a significant milestone less than 2 weeks after going live. Dropping the price from $60/year to $30/year is more than halfway to your goal of $20/year. Learn to toot your own horn a bit, guys. There might be people out there that let their free trial lapse who would now sign up now that it's half the cost.

But congrats on the achievement, and thanks for stepping forward and taking on this project for mythtv and everyone else. Also, good job on your handling of this price change by applying it retroactively (plus the free days). It doesn't affect me (I'm still in my free 7 days, but I just signed up now), but it is an excellent gesture of good will on your part.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

It still hasn't gone in the email to users? It was supposed to.. I'll ping Chris.