RE: Price Lowered and Membership Extended!

jmckeown2

RE: Price Lowered and Membership Extended!

Post by jmckeown2 »

As reported here I see my member ship was extended as described. (actually I was too lazy to verify the extra days math -- but I believe it.)

I want state my appreciation for this. I was expecting any price reductions to be reflected in renewals, NOT extensions, the day-for-day extension on top of that is truly over-the-top generosity. It rewards the early adopters too.

Thanks so much!! - both for the rate reduction and for stepping up to replace Zap2It in the first place.

malinon

Re: RE: Price Lowered and Membership Extended!

Post by malinon »

I'm glad to see that the price has already been lowered!

But does anyone know why this hasn't made it into a message on the 'Announcements' mailing list? I thought that was what it was for.

drees

Post by drees »

Thanks SD guys! I also didn't expect to have my current subscription extended, having it extended by 3 months +bonus days is awesome!

Like malinon, I also wonder why this wasn't posted to the mailing list, I only happened to learn of this by browsing the mythtv archives.

xris
SD Board Member

Post by xris »

malinon wrote:does anyone know why this hasn't made it into a message on the 'Announcements' mailing list? I thought that was what it was for.
Probably because Robert forgot to post it, and for some reason I'm still not on it.

We'll actually probably be getting rid of that list now that we have the "newsletter" option that people can sign up for. They sort of serve the same purpose.

drees

Post by drees »

xris wrote:We'll actually probably be getting rid of that list now that we have the "newsletter" option that people can sign up for. They sort of serve the same purpose.
Awesome, eliminating redundant services is good. :)

slim

Post by slim »

Thanks guys. Now maybe the silly price complaining will be over. At $2.50 a month I am amazed that you are able to do this so soon. I salute you.

whurlston

Post by whurlston »

slim wrote:Thanks guys. Now maybe the silly price complaining will be over. At $2.50 a month I am amazed that you are able to do this so soon. I salute you.
Sadly, there will always be someone who will complain. I was happy with $5/month (it even passed the WAF test). Robert, Chris and all the rest, I know you won't do it but you really should have considered giving yourselves salaries. You definitely deserve them.

StarDestroyer

Post by StarDestroyer »

xris wrote:We'll actually probably be getting rid of that list now that we have the "newsletter" option that people can sign up for. They sort of serve the same purpose.
The message that just went out to the announce list said that the announce list was going away, but I'm a little unclear as to what one has to do to get the new announcements. It said something about posting in the forums and checking the newsletter box. Are both required? Obviously I've now posted in the formus, but I hadn't before this.

hossman12

Post by hossman12 »

Thanks Guys, For a great product at a great price and smooth transition.

drees

Post by drees »

StarDestroyer wrote:The message that just went out to the announce list said that the announce list was going away, but I'm a little unclear as to what one has to do to get the new announcements. It said something about posting in the forums and checking the newsletter box. Are both required? Obviously I've now posted in the formus, but I hadn't before this.
Not to mention that I use a different email address for the forums than for my SD account.