The 100 group and upcoming deadine

Pickle

The 100 group and upcoming deadine

Post by Pickle »

I understand the plan to have beta groups to test the system, my concern is at which point the system will be fully open. Will it be open on or before Zap2it shuts down or can this test phase end up going past the Zap2it deadline? In short if some of us dont sign up/or dont get in to one of the test groups is there the possabilty we might be with out data? Thanks!

pcostanza

Re: The 100 group and upcoming deadine

Post by pcostanza »

rmeden wrote:
enterusername wrote:Will you guys be online in time for when zap2it expires so I won't lose any of my listing for mythtv :)
Will we need to upgrade mythtv?
How is the first 100 people in groups picked?
Yes, we should be online in time. The app works now.... just waiting for legal. (well mostly)

The first 100 will be first come first served.

Robert
Looks like they plan to be up in time. I couldn't blame them if they aren't due to obvious startup obstacles. I think it will happen.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Not to seem like I'm pushing a deadline ( I do expect to be live before 9/1 ), on 8/31 you'll still have 2 weeks of data from Z2L.

Robert

cheetah

Post by cheetah »

I'm not sure if my impressions are correct, but based on what I've seen of the zap2it shutdown being discussed elsewhere, I get the impression that there are a lot of people looking forward to SD going online.

So, assuming for the moment that no major problems come up with each group, how closely spaced do you think the groups of 100 will be, and thus how many users do you foresee being able to sign up by the end of that two week grace period after zap2it shuts down?

Thanks so much for getting this online, you can be assured I'll be trying to get in to the earliest one of those groups I can :)

landofmu

Post by landofmu »

Just got my system rebuilt after a HDD died - glad to see this forum now available.
Keep up the good work - you guys ARE appreciated.
Xp w/SP2+ - P4 2Ghz - 1 GB Ram - (2) Fusion 5 RT Golds - (1) MyHD 130
24" Dell @ 1920x1200 - (2) 250 GB HDD - Harmony 550 Remote
CW_EPG

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Once we a group of 100 (+developers on the supported apps list) and we resolve their issues, we'll go for the next round.

Once folks don't have any issues we'll open the flood gates.

To be honest, I don't expect problems... If I did the number would be less than 100. I don't want to manually have to edit/fix 100 folks, much less more.

Robert

Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Thanks, rmeden I think that answers my question. I hope all goes well. Personally I think it will take me longer to get the upgraded software to handle SD.