Better/Worse/Same

Kevin

Better/Worse/Same

Post by Kevin »

I've had issues with Zap2it data either being wrong or incomplete. I think you guys are getting the listings from the same source as they were, no? Does this mean that I will have these same issues?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Better/Worse/Same

Post by rmeden »

Probably, but we will have a way to submit updates (especially on lineups).

We have long term plans to augment or replace the data, but we're trying to stay focused on 9/1 for now.

Robert

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

rmeden wrote: We have long term plans to augment or replace the data, but we're trying to stay focused on 9/1 for now.
Robert
Good Plan ;) , Thanks for the prompt response...

dgranth

Post by dgranth »

I don't know if anyone in the SchedulesDirect group has thought of this, but when schedules were goofy with zap2it, there were probably a large number of users like myself who just chalked it up to a free service and refused to look the gift horse in the mouth. Fees are likely going to change this attitude, generating more communication/complaint traffic from less a less forgiving audience.

jaycemil

Post by jaycemil »

Possibly so in the long run but they are starting with an atmospheric karma level for putting all this together with their own money and time. I'm pretty sure people in here at this point will cut them quite a bit of slack for the foreseeable future :D

doksner

Post by doksner »

I think people meant that Schedules Direct will be able to make THEIR provider fix things, since this is a pay service. At least, I HOPE that's what people mean.
MythTV user (since May 2004)
Current hardware:
Dual P3-600
Hauppauge PVR-500 for recording
Hauppauge PVR-350 for the remote (the rest of it broke :-( )
nVidia RIVA TNT2 Ultra for all video out

danielk
SD Board Member

Post by danielk »

If there are any problems complain to us, not TMS.

The way it works is we collect all the problems up into a couple different e-mails depending on the type of problem and TMS addresses the problems we send them within certain set time-frames. In order for listings problems to be fixed TMS needs to fact check anything we send them, so if for instance the Colbert Report has an incorrect description, placing a link to the Colbert Report website in the complaint to us may help (although I'm sure TMS has their own contacts for confirming stuff).

We are planning a Phase II after Sept 1st where we will streamline the corrections process at Schedules Direct and feed the data where it needs to go in a semi-automated fashion. But, right now we're just concentrating on replicating the Labs service with our own lineup editor and other server software.