Sorting data for tuners

whurlston

Re: Sorting data for tuners

Post by whurlston »

Thanks for the response Robert. I can live with filtering the data locally. I may create an app and submit it for approval. I know it can be done with XMLTv but I could use the practice ;) Too bad about the neighboring zips but oh well. I still appreciate all your hard work on this and look forward to it.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

If you're going to create an app, look to add the feature to the existing Myth grabber.... that will help everyone.

Bigchris

Post by Bigchris »

"The neighboring zip is a great idea... I just checked, but unfortunately, it doesn't work. :( "
I can live with that but I'm going to need to triple my HD capacity. :(

DavidJohnston

Post by DavidJohnston »

I have been using the adjacent zip code trick to separate NTSC and ATSC lineups.

I consider this a dirty hack. There are plenty of reasons why it might not work in all situations. E.G. very large zip code areas with non overlapping TV service.

It would be an improvement on Zap2IT if SD could allow multiple separate lineups under the same zip code, specifically to separately inform different tuners/decoders.

xobes

Post by xobes »

smallmj wrote:
mik wrote: A really really nice thing would be to allow selection of a completely synthetic lineup, maybe initially populated from the typical ones... Another nice thing would be to fix mythtv so that myth-side lineups need not be 1-to-1 with schedules-direct lineups - it pains me to know that I'm downloading all the major network SD schedule information 4 times.
I agree that this would be a great option. On my cable system there are a couple of unencrypted channels that don't appear on my cable box. I would really like to be able to add these to my lineup.

Mark
That would be an awesome feature! As it stands right now when I remove channels from my lineup at zap2it, the channels end up offset from where they are supposed to be by the number of channels I have removed from the start of my lineup. And removing the channels in mythtv only lasts as long as the next mythfilldatabase run.

whurlston

Post by whurlston »

rmeden wrote:If you're going to create an app, look to add the feature to the existing Myth grabber.... that will help everyone.
I'll look into it but I'm not sure if I can. I program in C# mainly for use with GB-PVR.

Preet

Post by Preet »

I had a technical glich with Z2L that caused me to have three accounts. I could not have a regular cable, digital cable and OTA ATSC all together. It kept refusing multiple lineups. I hope that is fixed in SD.

Thanks for putting this together. My wife was freaking.

emnel

Multiple Zip/Postal codes for cross border

Post by emnel »

With Zap2it, I had to use different zip/postal codes to get the line-ups and channels I needed. I live close to the border (Canada and US) and I had to use a Buffalo zip to get the Buffalo ATSC channels and my postal code for Toronto/Hamilton ATSC. Either I would need to be able to do this again, or be able to have all the channels (even ones from over the border) be listed from my postal code. There must be many others with this issue.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

don't know if it will be the same, but you can have up to 4 linesup.

The issue in this thread is adding a lineup twice with different channels added/removed.

Robert

no2u

Post by no2u »

Wow I guess I'm not the only one that had multiple Zap2It accounts due to multiple tuners attached to the same cable TV line! (in my case analog cable, QAM, and digital through cable box)

But I certainly would prefer to download the Comcast Houston lineup just once if there was (or is) a way to configure locally which subset of those channels are available through each input.

Also it would be great if there was an easier way to match up guide data for the QAM channels (other than by manually editing the mythconverg database). Zap2It never listed the QAM channels so I assume Comcast isn't publishing the QAM channel map -- but I'm sure that individual subscribers would be willing to upload the QAM-to-channel mapping info for their locale in order to help out everyone else (I would certainly volunteer to provide this mapping for Comcast Houston).