What time of day is new guide data available?

edgarswank

What time of day is new guide data available?

Post by edgarswank »

Please excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm a newbie WIRNS user for ReplayTV's.

The old ReplayTV service had a new day's guide data available about 6pm pacific time every evening except Sunday? I thought SD was using the same data source as ReplayTV did, but it's after six and no new guide data there. I have gotten guide data for 8/1 and 8/2, so I'm getting updates eventually. Does anyone know what times SD updates it's data?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: What time of day is new guide data available?

Post by rmeden »

We now get mid-day updates so data is updated throughout the day. (It's causing a problem delaying some setting changes, but it's a benefit to everyone once set up)

We generally have 14 days of data available. You should be able to pull 8/6 by now!

Robert

edgarswank

Post by edgarswank »

rmeden wrote:We now get mid-day updates so data is updated throughout the day. (It's causing a problem delaying some setting changes, but it's a benefit to everyone once set up)

We generally have 14 days of data available. You should be able to pull 8/6 by now!

Robert
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. What I want to know is the earliest time each day when I can update my Replay Channel Guide via Wirns through SchedulesDirect and reliably get one more 24-hour day of guide data, with one 24-hour day thrown away for previous day(s).

My experience so far seems variable. Some days the guide won't update before early the next day, but today, the guide updated just after 6pm.

ReplayTV has never stored more than 12 days of future guide data. It might approach 14 days if past data is included.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

my guess would be midnight UTC.

Of course data 14 days out isn't very accurate.

Robert