mismatched descriptions

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
adamf663

mismatched descriptions

Post by adamf663 »

I've been recently seeing a lot of tv series descriptions that are mismatched. For example, for an episode of frasier, the description might be that of an episode of law and order.

I have three phoenix arizona lineups: OTA, Cox analog, Cox digital. I haven't seen any correlation between the lineup and the errors.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: mismatched descriptions

Post by rmeden »

One of our directors has reported similar issues. He's using MythTV.

I really think the data is correct and there's an app problem. Are you using an app that allows you to capture the raw files downloaded? (MythTV doesn't keep them) If someone can show me a problem in the raw data I'll report it.

Robert

adamf663

Post by adamf663 »

I'm using mythtv, 0.22. I previously saw the problem w/ 0.21.
Lineup is OTA phoenix.
for example, frasier, 11/21, 9:30pm, channel 7_1 AZTV DT has a description from a star trek episode

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

unfortunately, MythTv doesn't save the raw data.

You can view the raw data of what's showing now at http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata

Until I see proof (a raw data file with bad info, not a Myth db dump), I'm going to believe this is a Myth problem. I've only heard about it from MythTV folks.

Robert

adamf663

Post by adamf663 »

I tried http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata, but don't understand exactly what I was seeing. There was no form to specify lineup or time period. If I see mismatched data for a particular lineup, channel and time, how do I query schedulesdirect manually for the same show?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

You can't specify a time with /getedata.. at least not yet. It shows the current time (actually 30 second window). So if a program with the wrong data is there now, you can use that to verify that SD is correct.

You can use XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd to search for a specific time (well, day.. using --offset and --days). IIRC there's a HOWTO elsewhere in this forum.

Robert

stealthboy

Post by stealthboy »

I've been seeing this problem a lot lately. Descriptions will be for another show (usually in the same channel at least, but I'll have to confirm). I'm using MythTV 0.22. FYI.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

are you capturing raw data to determine if it's a MythTV or data problem? (I suspect the former)

Robert