Mythfilldatabase Connection Refused

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
dbossung

Mythfilldatabase Connection Refused

Post by dbossung »

Since 2/23 am I have recieved the following message when running mythfilldatabase either manually or automatically.

Resolving webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com... 206.18.98.175
Connecting to webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com|206.18.98.175|:80... failed: Connection refused.
2009-02-24 16:52:54.708 DataDirect, Error: Failed to save DD cache! redownloading data...
--16:52:54-- http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsd ... tvdService

I am using MythDora 5.0 and have had this backend running 5.0 for around 6 months with no problems. I did go into mythtv-setup and deleted all cards, inputs and connections. When I select schedules direct and enter my schedule direct username and password I do not get any of the 2 channel lineups I have in my account and I get the same error in the terminal window that launched mythtv-setup.

I did logon to my accound here and it says I am good until June 2009 and I verified my two channel lineups. Any ideas why the connection is being refused?

Thanks
Don

StefanJ

Re: Mythfilldatabase Connection Refused

Post by StefanJ »

"Connection refused" sounds more like a networking issue, or a problem with the SD server, rather than a subscription or permissions error.

I updated successfully a few times yesterday (doing --refresh_all after some channel config issues) so I suspect the problem isn't on their end.

Can you myth box reach the SD website via an ordinary browser?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

btw.. it's normal for one connection refused when getting data via myth... Once the connection is refused then it sends the password.

dbossung

Post by dbossung »

>>"Connection refused" sounds more like a networking issue, or a problem with the SD server, rather than a subscription or permissions error.<<

Agreed, but I wasn't sure so I posted here to get some feedback. I can nslookup webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com and get back the address 206.18.98.175. When I ping this address I get nothing (which really says nothing as well) when I traceroute this address I am getting out past my isp and then it dies at an AT&T router out there somewhere. Again, really tells me nothing.

>>Can you myth box reach the SD website via an ordinary browser?<<

If you mean schedulesdirect.org then the answer is yes. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting these messages :) If you mean the site listed in the error webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com I get a login dialog box when I open this in a browser and when I put in my subscription information, it comes back with an http 405 error page.

>>btw.. it's normal for one connection refused when getting data via myth... Once the connection is refused then it sends the password.<<

The error occurs 12-15 times everytime when mythfilldatabase is run and has since Monday AM.

Any other ideas?

Don

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

have you chosen a lineup on the SD web site?

Have you tried another app (maybe XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd?)

BTW.. the Tribune server has pings blocked... you can never ping it. If you want to test, try accessing the URL with a web browser as suggested in support section of the forum.

Robert

dbossung

Post by dbossung »

>>have you chosen a lineup on the SD web site?<<

Yes, I have no problem doing this.

>>Have you tried another app (maybe XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd?)<<

Hmmm..... don't have any idea what this means. Guess I spend another couple days reading internet documentation....

>>BTW.. the Tribune server has pings blocked... you can never ping it. If you want to test, try accessing the URL with a web browser as suggested in support section of the forum.<<

What I figured and would expect. Thanks for the tip on the support forum doc as I was able to get completly through the steps which only leaves the final option...Probably something wrong with the application.

Thanks for your help up to this point. I am going forward with the belief that I have a MythDora problem/corruption. I have since found that this is not the only problem with my backend as the OS can recognize my two PVR150's dmesg sees them, lspci sees them and I can cat both of them to a useable file but Myth tells me 'Device cannot be opened' when I try to set them up as a tuner.

BTW/Thanks for a great service and good support here on the forums. All in all MythTV/MythDora and Schedules Direct have served me quite well the last year and a half. Life would get boring if there weren't a few wrenches thrown in the gears now and then, eh?

Don

dbossung

Post by dbossung »

Just to follow up on this and give it some closure, indeed this was a hardware/software issue. Once dealing with the hardware issue, I ended up backing up the database as per chapter 22 in the mythtv docs. I extracted the recording information and dropped the database. After recreating the database I imported the recording info back in and all is well again. Thanks to all who replyed.