mythtv line differnt the SD's linup OTA broadcasts

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
jeremycobert

mythtv line differnt the SD's linup OTA broadcasts

Post by jeremycobert »

im not sure where to start to diagnosis this issue. i setup my schedules direct account with my zip code and it appears correct with about 30 broadcast channels over the air.
when i setup the mythtv backend i can select my over the air input and i select "get listings from Schedules direct"" it then imports only about 10 channels. my schedules for the 10 channels appear to be spot on, but im still missing several channels that dont even get imported into mythTv. i can confirm that the station do exist when i run them straight to my TV.

any ideas on where or how i can start to diagnose what is the problem.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: mythtv line differnt the SD's linup OTA broadcasts

Post by rmeden »

Unfortunately, we don't seem to get a lot of MythTV answers posted here. :( I suggest you try the myth-users mailing list... I'm sure someone there can help.

Robert

jeremycobert

Post by jeremycobert »

rmeden wrote:Unfortunately, we don't seem to get a lot of MythTV answers posted here. :( I suggest you try the myth-users mailing list... I'm sure someone there can help.

Robert
i was not sure if it is a myth issue or a SD issue. i was hoping to be able to view a file or xml that comes from SD just to ensure i get the channels correctly. but i will try looking elsewhere as well.
thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

The XML we generate is of course human readable.

MythTV doesn't seem to make the data easily accessable. Check out the "Viewing raw schedule data" thread in the "Lineup" forum.

Robert

mlord

Post by mlord »

You may need to do "mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --refresh-all" to get everything to show up.

-ml