PTVL stopped working

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
LindaB

PTVL stopped working

Post by LindaB »

Hi all,

I'm new to this board and was hoping someone could maybe help me. For years I've been using PTVL with virtually no problems. I started using Schedules Direct last year when PTVL stopped working through ZapIt. About a week ago I started getting "Not a valid valid zip file" error and haven't been able to load my listings since. I have not changed or done anything different. I was directed by support to a link to see if "the raw XML file is correct". It's WAY too convoluted a process for me and the jargon is so techy I'm clueless. Can anyone please help me? I do see in the PTVL's Weblink tools to Convert XMLTV files but haven't a clue how to use it or where to pull the tv files from

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Schedules Direct program is totally useless to me as is.

Thanks very much
Linda

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: PTVL stopped working

Post by rmeden »

hmmm SD doesn't send a zip file, so I suspect a PTVL problem. Maybe someone with PTVL will post.

Robert

sslogan

Post by sslogan »

Try clearing the cache in WebLink. Tools|Settings|Options|Clear Cache.

LindaB

Post by LindaB »

Hi SSlogan,

Thanks for the info but still no go. I cleared the cache and am still getting the error "WARNING Not a valid valid zip file. WARNING Attempting to process as text".

Any other suggestions for me to try? I've contacted PTVL but think they're not around anymore. I REALLY miss my listings and the ability to schedule reminders ahead of time.

Thanks
Linda

ronaldb1

Post by ronaldb1 »

I had a similar problem. I completely deleted PTVL. Reinstalled (you can still get a version of PTVL fromTU) which then installed current version and all was well.
Ron...

LindaB

Post by LindaB »

Hi Ron,

I just tried it but nada-still no info and same warning message. Any other suggestions will be tried and are appreciated 'tho.

Thanks
Linda