Verizon Fios Florida Gulf Coast Lineup Change

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
ralyon

Verizon Fios Florida Gulf Coast Lineup Change

Post by ralyon »

I've been searching for a while and didn't find anything about how to report a future lineup change so I figured I'd post it here. Verizon Fios has sent out a letter with new channel cards that they are changing their lineup as of Oct. 2nd, 2008. Here is the Old Lineup and the New Lineup is in the next message as the forum will only let me put 1 url per message and there are a huge number of changes unfortunately. Sorry about it being PDF, they don't have any other way I could find to view the new lineup.

Can anyone tell me how this is normally handled, how long the process normally takes and what I need to do if anything? I am using MythTV 0.21 fixes.

Thank you,
ralyon

ralyon

Re: Verizon Fios Florida Gulf Coast Lineup Change

Post by ralyon »

Here is the New Lineup as mentioned in the previous message.

wensail

Post by wensail »

ralyon wrote:I've been searching for a while and didn't find anything about how to report a future lineup change
Here's how to handle this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=158

ralyon

Post by ralyon »

I read that but I understood it to mean current problems and this is 3 weeks away still. There are currently no issues and I am seeing what I expect for now. If you would like me to put the upcoming change into the Lineup Support I will do so and I would recommend that someone add something about scheduled changes as well as current issues.

Thank you,
ralyon

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

There's a good chance Tribune already knows about it... when it's in the data window, you should see it in the <lineup> section (from=, to= dates). Sometimes providers create a new lineup for a major change and call it a "rebuild lineup". If you show lineups for your zip-code you may see it.

Note: there is a TMS bug that only reports <station> entries for stations that exist on the end date of a fetch. If you use an application that fetches 14 days at once, this will cause a problem once the change is in the 14 day window. The work-around is to use two fetches, one before the switch and one after.

As far as making sure TMS does know about the lineup change, a "lineup ticket" is the way to go. It provides us with the info we need to report the issue efficiently to Tribune.

Robert(E)

ralyon

Post by ralyon »

Thank you rmeden. I'll look at the schedule this weekend and see if it includes the channel changes on zap2it then. I just figured since it was a big change, the sooner SD was aware of it hopefully the smoother the transition. If I don't see anything about the change by the 24th I'll report it as a lineup issue. Do you think that will be enough time? I'm hoping I understood you completely.

ralyon

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

You probably won't see the change in your application. You'll need to look at the raw data.

Robert