No descriptions

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
ktreu

Re: No descriptions

Post by ktreu »

The application can be configured to compensate for the problem with the listing.

The point of the post was to get some insight and hopefully correct the listing issue.

No descriptions or generic descriptions are becoming a problem with more and more shows.

Is this a problem with Schedules Direct or something else?

Thanks

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I'll explain it a little clearer.. There is often no one right answer.... each case can be different

A SH* episode ID means no episode information is available.
A EP* episode with an incomplete description means TMS knows that episode # will air, but has no additional info.

Possible problems:
1. The data in your application is old (very common on MythTV, see my rant)
2. TMS's DataDirect service doesn't have the updates but some TMS products do (check Zap2it.com)
3. TMS's products don't have updates, but competitors do (check tvguide.com)
4. No one has accurate information. It probably hasn't been released by the station.

For #1, fix the app.
For #2, #3 we really can't do much but wait. Tribune is aware some stations don't update fast enough. We may be able to fix this somewhat when we self-host.
For #4, not much anyone can do.
Robert

In some cases TMS's DataDirect service is behind the rest of the TMS feed. Check Zap2it.com

ktreu

Post by ktreu »

Thanks for the reply. I have a better idea where the problem is now. Maybe you could help me with a solution.

1. I pull the data daily from schedules direct using the --refresh-all option. I have looked at the XML directly to verify that I am not receiving the descriptions.
2. Zap2it has the descriptions
3. tvguide has the descriptions
4. Both Zap2it and tvguide have the descriptions

I am not sure what to do at this point. Other sources have the descriptions and I have verified (even pulling the xml manually) that I am not receiving the descriptions (for some shows, not all).

If the answer is wait, I will just have to deal with that. This is a newer behavior though. It was not happening a month ago or a year ago.

Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Yea, I think the answer is wait... how long as zap2it.com had the descriptions? Less than a day? Maybe look at tomorrow and check. If it's more than a day, I think I should open another ticket with Tribune.

ktreu

Post by ktreu »

When I look at "The Young and the Restless" on zap2it, they have the descriptions through Friday, September 26th.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Tribune just made a change and a bunch of "The Young and Restless" SH* ids have been changed to EP* IDs with descriptions.

Try a new download.

Robert

ktreu

Post by ktreu »

Thanks a bunch. This solved all of the problems that I thought I had and others that I did not even realize existed.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

ktreu

Post by ktreu »

This issue has returned.

Whatever TMS's did to fix the situation, has reverted back.

I am getting many SH id's for shows instead of the EP id's as I have in the past.

Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

confirmed. I'll contact Tribune.

ktreu

Post by ktreu »

This seems to be resolved, again.

Thank you.