Getting lineup for OTA digital

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
goldfingerz

Getting lineup for OTA digital

Post by goldfingerz »

I'm trying to find out how I can get the tv listing for my OTA HD channels and its subchannels. Right now, I'm only getting the listings for the main channel and not their subchannels.

Thank you.

vabiro

Re: Getting lineup for OTA digital

Post by vabiro »

goldfingerz wrote:I'm trying to find out how I can get the tv listing for my OTA HD channels and its subchannels. Right now, I'm only getting the listings for the main channel and not their subchannels.

Thank you.
Hi,
You don't mention what application you're using or where you are, so I will try to be general:

1. Add line-up, that has the local digital channels that you're looking for. For example, I selected my local digital cable line-up
2. Deselect the stations that aren't included in the OTA stations that you're receiving
3. Map this line-up to your receiver
4. Edit the channel line-up in your application so that the channel number is something that you're comfortable with.

That should be it in the broad strokes. Hope that helps.

Victor

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

are you in Canada? There is a long-term issue with digital channels in Canada. Tribune is trying to get this but it's slow going. (they buy their Canadian data from someone else, not direct from the stations)

Robert

vabiro

Post by vabiro »

Robert,

I am in Canada and have noticed that I also needed to add an OTA lineup from Buffalo to get the OTA ATSC stations. The antenna listings for zip code 14203 had the Buffalo and Toronto-based HD stations, but the Toronto Antenna listings only had the analogue station. I was wondering about why that was.

BTW, Is there any progress on doing the "custom Line-ups". It would be great to be able to create a single line-up with the xmltvid and channel info for my line-ups. It would probably reduce the costs for SD, and provide lower bandwidth and mysql demands during updates.

Cheers
Victor

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

There is some progress.. but it's going slow. Hopefully we'll have something to announce in a few months. It's all contract delays.. no coding has begun.

Robert

vabiro

Post by vabiro »

rmeden wrote:There is some progress.. but it's going slow. Hopefully we'll have something to announce in a few months. It's all contract delays.. no coding has begun.

Robert
Robert,

Thanks for the response.

I figured it was something like that. Less cost for SD probably means less revenue for Tribune.

Victor

goldfingerz

Post by goldfingerz »

vabiro wrote:Robert,

I am in Canada and have noticed that I also needed to add an OTA lineup from Buffalo to get the OTA ATSC stations. The antenna listings for zip code 14203 had the Buffalo and Toronto-based HD stations, but the Toronto Antenna listings only had the analogue station. I was wondering about why that was.
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. Canadian stations don't have sub.channels AFAIK, but the American HD channels do, yet with my postal code, I only get the analog listing. As a workaround, I took the zipcode of the nearest US city (Champlain, New York) which strangely even contains the HD schedule for the canadian OTA channels (go figure).

I live in Laval, Quebec and am using Mythtv.

mrjcleaver

Re: Getting lineup for Toronto OTA digital

Post by mrjcleaver »

I agree. It's confusing that Toronto gives the wrong result.

How about an error message in the web application telling people the workaround?

Is a proper listing progressing?

Thanks,
Martin Cleaver