Moving to 4 Digit Channel Numbers

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
jamoody

Moving to 4 Digit Channel Numbers

Post by jamoody »

Comcast has informed me that they will be moving to 4 digit channel numbers (from 3) for my encrypted HD channels on Oct 16. I understand that I'll need to generate a new SD profile for my MythTV program guide to pick up these new channels. Will the new 4 digit channel lineup automatically appear in SD or do I need to notify someone to generate the lineup? If the new 4 digit lineup will appear automatically, when will it be available so I can setup and populate the program guide prior to the switch over?

Thanks.

jamoody

Re: Moving to 4 Digit Channel Numbers

Post by jamoody »

The conversion from 3 to 4 digit channels happens in 3 days and still no 4 digit lineup available in Schedules Direct. Is this going to happen automatically on the day of the conversion? I'm concerned about it not happening at all and leaving me down for a few days/weeks until I can get someone to address it. Can anyone provide any input here?

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow »

If Comcast has informed our upstream of the changes, then performing a "Re-add" on the Schedules Direct website should be sufficient on the day the channels go live. Once the channels on our website are correct, then you refresh the channels in your application.

If Comast have somehow forgotten to tell Tribune, then report a lineup issue at schedulesdirect.org on the day after the channels should have been "live" and give us an example or two of station, old channel -> new channel so that we can start the process of backtracking to your provider to find out what they did without telling everyone.

But the forums are not the same as a ticket, because opening a ticket means there's additional data that isn't present in a forum post.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Did you look to see if there is a new lineup for your postal code? Usually when there is a major change, they create a "rebuild lineup" rather than updating the existing one.

jamoody

Post by jamoody »

Thanks for the response, I'll be patient one more day and trust the "magic" :-)

jamoody

Post by jamoody »

Comcast conversion to 4 digit channels has occurred, but SchedulesDirect has not. I can no longer tune in any channels and can't convert over until SchedulesDirect catches up. I clicked on "re-add all lineups" which didn't help. I reported a lineup problem which I hope is resolved much sooner than the 1 week the indicate. All my trying to plan ahead and work out the kinks ahead of time was a bust :cry:

jamoody

Post by jamoody »

It took 4 days to get the SchedulesDirect servers updated to the 4 channel lineup, but everything is now fine. I'm disappointed that I couldn't get the problem corrected ahead of time.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Yup.. Tribune (or Comcast) dropped the ball on that one. Of course they couldn't do it in advance without having a separate lineup, but at least they could have had it ready on day 1.