mandatory channel??

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
khcon

mandatory channel??

Post by khcon »

Hi,

I just created a new lineup (Comcast/digital) and removed a bunch of channels. However, for some reason I don't seem to be able to remove 257 / NBA TV. I marked the channel, everything looked OK but after saving it, it reappeared in the lineup. I am sure some may consider this channel a requirement but I don't think that the system is intended to have 'sticky' channels.

KH

xris
SD Board Member

Re: mandatory channel??

Post by xris »

Could you provide the zipcode and full lineup name that you used? I can't test this until I know what your setup is using.

khcon

Post by khcon »

here you go:

03820 Dover, US Comcast CableDigital

KH

xris
SD Board Member

Post by xris »

I'm sorry, but I can't replicate your problem. I added the lineup, unselected both or either (in various tests) NBATV channel, saved, and they each stayed disabled.

khcon

Post by khcon »

Just tried it again, clicked EDIT, removed 257, saved, clicked EDIT again and 257 was back.

I could try deleting it and doing it all over...

KH

khcon

Post by khcon »

Just for fun, I clicked on NONE for the standard section and guess what came back 257 and 58...

khcon

Post by khcon »

After deleting and recreating the lineup, NONE on the standard section removed everything for good. I'll recrete my lineup and hopefully will be OK after that but is kind of strange ...

KH

wklink

Post by wklink »

I'm having essentially the same issue. Zip 22043, DIRECTV Washington Satellite. Every time I deselect the locals (channels 4-56) they always stay on.

pter

Post by pter »

I also had similar issue that was fixed after delete and recreate of lineup. Used zip code 76108 DirecTV Dallas. Channels 117-119,450-454 just would not go away. On side note, used Firefox scrapbook extension to help get a snapshot of the entire page so I could more easily recreate it.

For what it's worth, when I initially created the lineup with the issue, I took a long time, testing each channel to compare against DirecTV's listing and what the tuner actually showed. Maybe something timed out somehwere. Either way, working well now.

chagenbu

Re: mandatory channel?

Post by chagenbu »

I'm having a similar issue - I cannot get rid of Country Music Television. :) It's channel 59 in my lineup, which is: 02124 Boston, US Comcast CableDigital.

I can rebuild the lineup, but would really rather not. Also I can hide the channel in MythTV, which serves the same purpose - I'm just downloading a little extra data from SD. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help a developer reproduce this.