SD for Android Phones

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
jamesfedwards

SD for Android Phones

Post by jamesfedwards »

I am replacing my Palm TX with a Droid X. I have absolutely loved SD with Pocket TV Browser on my TX for the last several years and hate to give it up. Does anyone know if there are any Android apps that work with SD? Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: SD for Android Phones

Post by rmeden »

No android apps have been approved for use with SD.

If someone would create one, it could get approved so long as it was non-commercial and downloaded data directly (didn't use a caching server)

Robert

KewlDawg

Post by KewlDawg »

Has all work on Whatson been abandoned? The website looked promising, but hasn't been updated since 2009.

DougEdey

Post by DougEdey »

I'm currently trying to pick up where WhatsOn left off, but I'm focusing on grabbing and storing the data on Android at the moment, the main issue is the sheer amount of data that SD provides is too much for Android, it only has a 16MB (25MB at a push) heap. 24 hours of listings data takes 8MB which means there's no space left to process it.

KewlDawg

Post by KewlDawg »

DougEdey wrote:I'm currently trying to pick up where WhatsOn left off, but I'm focusing on grabbing and storing the data on Android at the moment, the main issue is the sheer amount of data that SD provides is too much for Android, it only has a 16MB (25MB at a push) heap. 24 hours of listings data takes 8MB which means there's no space left to process it.
Can it still create the data file on a PC (the PC downloads and processes the data from Schedules Direct), and then we just copy the resultant file over to our Android device (probably into an appropriate directory on the SD Card).

While an all-in-one Android app would be great, just having a display-only app (like with Palm and WinMobile) would be good enough.

student

Post by student »

Thank you for discussing this. Thanks a lot.
http://www.gsmearth.com