mythfilldatabase shows old expiration date

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
StefanJ

mythfilldatabase shows old expiration date

Post by StefanJ »

Mythfilldatabase is the MythTV utility which loads SD schedule data into the MythTV database.

I happened to be watching it in operation on the command line yesterday. Every few dozen lines it lists my SD subscription's expiration date. For some reason, it still thinks that my subscription is expiring on Wednesday. (6/17/09).

I am confident that SD knows that I extended my subscription. When I logged in to SD just now, the correct expiration date in 2010 was listed. I also received an email confirmation about the extension when I renewed.

But has the new subscription expiration date trickeled down to where mythfilldatabase can see it?

Thanks

Stefan

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: mythfilldatabase shows old expiration date

Post by rmeden »

the best way to deal with this is to fill out the "contact us" link (rather than the public forum).

I'll need your SD login and/or a transaction id to back trace.

A user just reported the problem and our database was out of sync with Tribune. I've never seen that before, but if someone else has that problem I'll write a script to check them all.

Robert

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I went ahead and wrote a script to detect this, and it found/fixed quite a few instances.

Sorry about this guys... I know Tribune is in the middle of a hardware move, but still it shouldn't have happened.

No one mentioned anything before today, but now that I have the script I may run it monthly.

Robert

jmv1

Post by jmv1 »

Thanks Robert,

I was in the same situation as StephanJ. I ran mythfilldatabase manually and the new expiration date (June 19, 2009) showed. It is also showing in the Mythbackend Status page of Mythweb and the information page of the frontend.

Thanks again!

You are doing a pretty good job.

Jean-Marc