Zipcode/Lineup lookup problems

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
xris
SD Board Member

Zipcode/Lineup lookup problems

Post by xris »

It appears that the Tribune servers we query for info about zipcodes and lineups are having some sort of problem that is causing all lookups to fail with "zip code not found" errors. We have notified them of the issue, but it is unfortunately out of our hands (this is why we have only opened with a limited number of user accounts). Because of this, you may also occasionally see "TMS Auth Failure" show up under your account status -- you don't need to worry about that, either.

lonnieb

Re: Zipcode/Lineup lookup problems

Post by lonnieb »

OK. Then I won't post a message about my zipcode (93312) coming back as not found.

... oops! I guess I just did. ;-)

mazda01

Post by mazda01 »

this happened to me at 53172, I just kept clicking the same area code over and over and it finally appeared, I was able to select my lineup (cable, NOT cabledigital or any other) and then it saved it. can't wait to try this out. if it works for the seven day trial, I'll pay em the $15 for sure!

cwarren

Post by cwarren »

same here, I can pick CABLE, but not CableDigital

edit: that's weird....after selecting cable it now shows both CABLE and Digital...sweet....

SgtPepperKSU

Post by SgtPepperKSU »

Up and working for me now. Wasn't an hour ago. (67220)

h_a_h_3

Post by h_a_h_3 »

I had to try my zip code about 3 times, but I eventually was able to pick my broadcast channels. Then I paid. Now what? :)

My mythtv is at SVN trunk 14205 from last week, is there a secret hidden schedules-direct branch?

StuartM

Post by StuartM »

Questions about mythtv belong in the mythtv-users list. The same goes for setting up any application to use the SD data, the proper place to ask is their mailing list/forum/website.

Hopefully for the first and last time, the patches needed (for trunk) of mythtv are here - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3842
The -fixes patch won't apply to the current revision because it was made against an old version of the branch.

h_a_h_3

Post by h_a_h_3 »

Got it. This might be a FAQ :)

Grunthos

Post by Grunthos »

My only zip code-related issue is that when I entered my address, I used my ZIP+4 zip code, 55417-1618. When I went to add a lineup, it failed. I went back and changed my zip code to just 55417 and it worked.

gmdubois

Post by gmdubois »

Was anyone able to get an OTA lineup for anywhere in Canada?