Data anomaly?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
cwarren

Data anomaly?

Post by cwarren »

Bad air date!!!!

<program id='SH0316300000'>
<title>Fat Camp 2</title>
<showType>Special</showType>
<series>EP031630</series>
<originalAirDate>1901-01-01</originalAirDate>
</program>

whurlston

Re: Data anomaly?

Post by whurlston »

I suspect your application is creating that date. That date is the Windows default for "new Date()". If the app is parsing a null or blank string into a date, that is the date that gets returned. The app should then check to make sure the date is newer than that.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

whurlston wrote:I suspect your application is creating that date. That date is the Windows default for "new Date()". If the app is parsing a null or blank string into a date, that is the date that gets returned. The app should then check to make sure the date is newer than that.
Hey! That looks like XMLTV format so you're accusing *MY* application of screwing up! (tv_grab_na_dd).

I think TMS must be running through a windows box... I can't see how _na_dd can do it.

It looks like Fat Camp 2 is on MTV, but I can't find it in the next two weeks. When/where is it on?

(Note: offense about tv_grab_na_dd problem was fake)

Robert

cwarren

Post by cwarren »

it's actually raw xml data from the datadirect.pl script...with some '00' removal code

ths show apparently was removed so I must have done my grab at the wrong moment in time.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

gotcha... I think the Tribune data load had some problems. tv_grab_na_dd reported some unicode problems (0xf1 can't exist in UTF-8) which appear to have been fixed.

whurlston

Post by whurlston »

rmeden wrote:
whurlston wrote:I suspect your application is creating that date. That date is the Windows default for "new Date()". If the app is parsing a null or blank string into a date, that is the date that gets returned. The app should then check to make sure the date is newer than that.
Hey! That looks like XMLTV format so you're accusing *MY* application of screwing up! (tv_grab_na_dd).
Actually I was thinking that it was a windows app that outputs an XMLTv compliant file. I ran into the issue with my own personal apps that output the XMLTv data format. ;)