Bell ExpressVU - PPV

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
davidonabus

Bell ExpressVU - PPV

Post by davidonabus »

Hi there.

I was just wondering if there are plans to add better support for Bell ExpressVU PPV channels. Quite a few PPV channels don't seem to have data, or are just plain missing.

Thanks guys!

David

rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Bell ExpressVU - PPV

Post by rkulagow »

Bell does not provide TMS with that information, so there's nothing that TMS can do but put in generic placeholders. (We've already asked.)

ssouter

Post by ssouter »

Hi,

I am also a Bell Expressvu Myth user. To date I have never used a grabber and have done all of my recordings manually becuase I haven't installed an IR Blaster yet. Can I assume that all the non-PPV channels with Bell are included in the information SD provides? For the regular non-HD PPV channels, are the placeholders referred to here accurate start and stop times? That is the most important thing anyhow.

davidonabus

Post by davidonabus »

No.. the placeholders do not start and stop at the correct times in either the HD or SD PPV's.

d.

vabiro

Post by vabiro »

ssouter wrote:Hi,

I am also a Bell Expressvu Myth user. To date I have never used a grabber and have done all of my recordings manually becuase I haven't installed an IR Blaster yet. Can I assume that all the non-PPV channels with Bell are included in the information SD provides? For the regular non-HD PPV channels, are the placeholders referred to here accurate start and stop times? That is the most important thing anyhow.
ssouter

Yes the BEV listing (except PPV) are included in the SD. No need for you to continue manually doing recordings. The info is accurate and reliable.

Victor

archerhawk77

Post by archerhawk77 »

Is it possible for an outside source to provide Bell PPV Information an d you add it to your database ? :roll:
I mean, How often does PPV information change

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

Not yet, but hopefully soon... we're looking into self-hosting.

ssouter

Post by ssouter »

Any changes to this? Where are things at on the self hosting option?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I'll let xirs provide details but progress is slowing being made.

It's now permitted by our contract with Tribune.

In the last week or so, the new host as been turned over to us. Chris is setting up some virtual machines on the hardware.

Robert

kungfudrew

Post by kungfudrew »

I noticed that Bell ExpressVu Pay Per View was mentioned as possible a couple of years ago. I would love this feature. I just set up a MythTV box for my parents and that is the one thing they are really missing. Is it still possible with the TMS licence or is this now totally out of the picture?