Channel Logos - 404

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
heimdm

Channel Logos - 404

Post by heimdm »

Is there an issue with the channel logos? I am using EPG123, and it is giving an error 404, and the url's in the xml guide data are coming up equally 404.

<channel id="EPG123.35595.schedulesdirect.org">
<display-name>WTTVDT</display-name>
<display-name>WTTVDT (WTTV-DT)</display-name>
<display-name>4.1 WTTVDT</display-name>
<display-name>4.1</display-name>
<display-name>CBS</display-name>
<icon src="https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3. ... _h3_ab.png" width="360" height="270" />
</channel>

tld

Re: Channel Logos - 404

Post by tld »

As of just today I noticed that all my icons in my MythTV guide turned into just the callsign text, and traced it to the same issue. Todays mythfilldatabase log is full of these errors:

Code: Select all

2020-05-15 09:03:05.300604 E [4161/4161] CoreContext channeldata.cpp:222 (handleChannels) - Failed to fetch icon from 'https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/s20373_ld_h15_aa.png'
That's using tv_grab_zz_sdjson. The resulting png files just comtain this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>assets/s20373_ld_h15_aa.png</Key><RequestId>8EF8758BA1FB87D4</RequestId><HostId>vluj5Pt/PvySihCo8rzRb1ANNTecykbHKmWgeFwoN30LqPGnvxu7m7IKU5rgPrygm758YH9NHP0=</HostId></Error>
Tom

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow »

You're using a version of the lineup that's pointing at old logos. If you refresh the lineup, you will have updated paths.

tld

Post by tld »

rkulagow wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 pm
You're using a version of the lineup that's pointing at old logos. If you refresh the lineup, you will have updated paths.
Actually whatever happened was clearly temporary as today's grab worked fine and all my icons came back.

I'm actually not sure what you're even referring to as far as refreshing the lineup, unless that's something that tv_grab_zz_sdjson is supposed to do internally. The only configuration on my end simply has the enabled and disabled channels. In any case, the URLs that it got yesterday were and still are invalid, but clearly it got proper ones this morning.

Tom

gtb

Post by gtb »

tld wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:06 am
I'm actually not sure what you're even referring to as far as refreshing the lineup, unless that's something that tv_grab_zz_sdjson is supposed to do internally.
Yes, it would be something the application obtaining the data from Schedules Direct is supposed to perform when the data is marked as changed. To reduce the royal overheads (i.e. to not download all the data all of the time, which is a lot of data) well behaved applications that need a lot of the source data typically do a certain amount of caching, and refresh any specific data only when they are informed that that data has changed. As to whether the source data did not properly indicate the need to refresh or your application did not properly perform the refresh is likely something that may be hard to determine now that things are working as expected, but reviewing the application code for any possible case of missed source data refresh is certainly something to consider. Or just do what many people do, and ignore the issue now that it is solved.