Tribune having problems, empty <PROGRAMS> section

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
seank

Re: Tribune having problems, empty <PROGRAMS> section

Post by seank »

I agree with Steven above. I'm in the San Diego area and I currently have no program guide data at all. I lost my program info when I deleted my input sources trying to debug another problem. Now when I download I'm getting program info for one episode of 60 Minutes and nothing else.

We are paying for this now, so I do have an expectation of action when there's a known issue. Waiting until Monday is going to suck for me since nothing is going to record unless I set it all manually.

danielk
SD Board Member

Post by danielk »

Just FYI, Robert Eden is on the phone with the emergency after hours TMS contact to try and resolve this issue.

skst

Post by skst »

It's okay for me today (or at least it was this morning--CDT).
USA-IL58819-X
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
Naperville USA 60005

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

maybe because SageTV can keep working if a single download fails? Most apps can.

I've just called the TMS after-hours support due to the bad characters in XML which seems to be pervasive now. The empty <programs> tag always seemed intermittent.

pdentrem

Post by pdentrem »

I just checked my system after running into this problem this morning. At 2:15pm my Mythtv box did another update and I now have Program Guide and Finder with data showing. Before the update only had null data. I hope this is the end of the problem. My question althou not per Schedules Direct control. I wonder if the updates under Mythtv could instead of delete and rewrite the mythfilldatabase would instead keep the old data around, as the update I had yesterday was complete for 14 days and when it did an update this morning it lost that info and I could not of retrieved it. I will post this question to Mythtv.org and see what the response might be. I would hate to lose the data at a critical time as this renders the system unusable.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I don't know how SageTV works... maybe they use a service other than Data Direct from Tribune? Maybe their app can tolerate a day w/o data? Most can.

BTW.. I just committed a change to XMLTV/tv_grab_na_dd to print a nice error message should this happen again.

Robert

seank

Post by seank »

Thanks guys -- San Diego seems to be working again.

stevech

Post by stevech »

5PM - working now. WAF rescued!
Thx

erinbr

Post by erinbr »

No more problems parsing XML.

Very impressed! Thank you so much!

Erin

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

We've been told that this issue has been resolved, and there have been no further reports.

Dropping sticky.