Listings Incorrect

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
M-Class

Listings Incorrect

Post by M-Class »

Comcast Cable 37073 (analog)
Using Mythdora 3.2 with the update script at http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/2191

I'm getting some incorrect listings in the MythTV program guide (and in the upcoming recordings). Here is an example of one...

What the guide should say (as read from Zap2it on the web):
8/28 7 p.m. CDT, SciFi, Eureka - Noche de Suenos (Repeat)
8/28 8 p.m. CDT, SciFi, Eureka - E=MC2 (New)

What Mythdora is showing:
8/28 7 p.m. CDT, SciFi, Eureka - Noche de Suenos (NEW)
8/28 8 p.m. CDT, SciFi, Eureka - Noche de Suenos (NEW)

Note that the 7 p.m. episode (a repeat) is marked as new and the 8 p.m. episode (the real new one) has the wrong title. I suspected a problem with the Mythdora update at first and posted this in their forums, but was directed to treat this as a SD issue over here instead.

In addition to a handful of things like above, the new vs. repeat is showing up wrong on several listings.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Listings Incorrect

Post by rmeden »

Hate to push you around, but it's a good idea to check the raw xml before posting here... (assuming your application allows you to see it, which is a good idea from a support standpoint)

Granted, I haven't looked at your zip code, but if I look at my SD data it matches zap2it.com at least now.

Code: Select all

<schedule program='EP008401790020' station='11097' time='2007-08-29T00:00:00Z' duration='PT01H00M' stereo='true' closeCaptioned='true'/>
<schedule program='EP008401790022' station='11097' time='2007-08-29T01:00:00Z' duration='PT01H00M' stereo='true' closeCaptioned='true' new='true'/>
<program id='EP008401790020'>
<title>Eureka</title>
<subtitle>Noche de Sueños</subtitle>
<description>A toxic waste spill appears to trigger an epidemic of shared dreaming in Eureka.</description>
<showType>Series</showType>
<series>EP00840179</series>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>2006</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
<originalAirDate>2007-08-14</originalAirDate>
</program>
<program id='EP008401790022'>
<title>Eureka</title>
<subtitle>E-MC...?</subtitle>
<description>Eureka&apos;s fate is in the hands of an anti-social genius when an experiment goes awry.</description>
<showType>Series</showType>
<series>EP00840179</series>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>2008</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
<originalAirDate>2007-08-28</originalAirDate>
</program>

M-Class

Post by M-Class »

Understood... no problem. If I knew how/where to look for that I would have (which is why I posted at the Mythdora forums first). I'll take this back over there.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden »

I would try another update first.. it's possible the data has just been updated since the last time you ran it.

Another possibility is your conversion script.. the "new" and "repeat" fields have changed.i

tescott

Post by tescott »

FWIW, I performed a brand new MythDora install today and ran the same scripts referred to on the MythDora page for the SD update. I ran into the same weird incorrect listing problems you did. So, I went with option #2 ("yum upgrade \*myth\*") and reconfigured mythtvsetup with Schedules Direct when it was done. My listings are now correct. Hope this helps.

--tim

M-Class

Post by M-Class »

tescott, I can't do option #2 because it only applies to version 4.0 and I'm on 3.2. Due to hardware issues an upgrade to 4.0 isn't necessarily the best path either.

Anyway, I did find the XML for the listings as per above (/tmp/dd-1-ddmmyyyy.xml for anyone who is interested) and it appears that this is not a SD issue but instead an issue with mythfilldatabase. The new mythfilldb.sh script only has two commands... one to pull down the XML (which I get and it shows everything properly) and the other to run mythfilldatabase with the file option. Given that the XML looks good but what shows up in Myth doesn't is how I've deduced this to be a mythfilldatabase issue. That's about as far as I can diagnose though... my Linux skills are minimal (which is why I went with Mythdora instead of the more complicated way). Since this isn't an SD issue I'm going to continue this over on the Mythdora forums at g-ding.tv instead of here.

jsprenkle

Post by jsprenkle »

I just installed mythdora 4.0. the upgrade does not work for me:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mythtv-frontend-api = package is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: installed. is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: is is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: not is needed by package mythstream
[root@mythtv ~]#

Interesting error messages.

I'm glad they did a better job with mythdora than knoppmyth but this is still a perfect illustration why windows hasn't been supplanted by linux.

jsprenkle

Post by jsprenkle »

jsprenkle wrote:I just installed mythdora 4.0. the upgrade does not work for me:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mythtv-frontend-api = package is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: installed. is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: is is needed by package mythstream
Error: Missing Dependency: not is needed by package mythstream
[root@mythtv ~]#

Interesting error messages.

I'm glad they did a better job with mythdora than knoppmyth but this is still a perfect illustration why windows hasn't been supplanted by linux.
edit: I found a solution. enter 'yum upgrade mythtv'. someone must have messed up the mythstream setup.