Certain channels off by 3 hours

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
metalac

Certain channels off by 3 hours

Post by metalac »

I'm using MythTV and things were working in the past fine, but now I'm noticing that more and more channels are getting confused and are off by +3 hours. Basically it's telling me that the current show is the show that will happen 3 hours from now. I checked my time zone, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Plus it's weird that only some channels do this (Comedy Central, Animal planet, etc.) Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Certain channels off by 3 hours

Post by rmeden »

Check to see if there's another channel that's correct.

Tribune used to have different channel-ids with the same name (say HBO) in eastern and western lineups.

They recently created HBO-Pacific and kept HBO as only the eastern time zone. The channel-ids haven't changed just the callsigns.

They probably did this a bunch of networks, not just HBO.

Robert

xris
SD Board Member

Post by xris »

I know that TMS recently did some rearranging of the channel lineups in the Northwest. Callsigns like USAHD suddenly contained EST data, with new callsigns like USAHDP created to hold the PST data. TMS sent the correct update values in the XML but few if any of the SD approved applications know how to parse the values (I know that MythTV doesn't). However, through some other bug/feature (at least for me), it appears that the new channels were added to the lineups as disabled, so they were never sent out in the XML feed for an application (or user) to notice the new channels.

metalac

Post by metalac »

So I do live in NW (Seattle), so I'm guessing some how I got hit by this change.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow »

metalac wrote:So I do live in NW (Seattle), so I'm guessing some how I got hit by this change.
The lineup on the servers has been updated.

It should be reflected in your lineup (if not already). If you do not see it, you may need to click the “Re-Add All Lineups” hyperlink in the Schedules Direct lineup editor to refresh the channels in your account and then edit your lineup at Schedules Direct to enable the new channels. Your application may also need to refresh to get the updates from our servers.