Daylight Savings Time Issue

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
atsiatsos

Re: Daylight Savings Time Issue

Post by atsiatsos » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Ken

I cant find any file in the computer named xmltv.exe are you using MYHD card or something else. Ang

atsiatsos

Post by atsiatsos » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Does anyone have the solution to this problem with the Daylight Savings time issue for the MYHD card. and The cu_epg tool.
Ang

Guitar4HIm

Post by Guitar4HIm » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:36 pm

atsiatsos wrote:Hi Ken

I cant find any file in the computer named xmltv.exe are you using MYHD card or something else. Ang
I'm using Pocket TV Browser. The executable is found in your Pocket TV folder, probably under the "Program Files" folder.
Ken

kimnach

Post by kimnach » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Robert,

I'll recap here, but my original post is in the MP forums at "http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/elect ... fun-94365/".

I am having the same issue, and I noticed the shift in shows last week (during EST) when looking at the TV Guide for shows after the change to DST. To be clear, on Wednesday the 9th I wanted to set-up a recording for shows on Mon/Tues the 14/15th, and I noticed that they were in timeslots an hour earlier than they should have been. The shows during EST were still in the correct slots in the TV Guide: at some point post-DST they were off. (I didn't delve into it, it was late.)

Last night (15 March 2011) I did reconfigure xmltv to -0400 (I'm in OH), but the fresh listings on this HTPC (Win7 Home Prem., MP v1.1.3) continue to be off by an hour. This does not happen on the family-room HTPC which runs GBPVR on XP Home: it's TV Guide is correct. As a matter of fact, I've not encountered this problem until I switch this HTPC to Win7 and MP. The problem is probably Win 7. What exactly has me perplexed.

More googling....

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:01 pm

I suspect the problem is MediaPortal not the base OS.... maybe it uses "local" time internally and not GMT.

It's so cool to see a program grid go 1:00, 1:30, 3:00, 3:30 (or 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 )

Robert