GBR lineup re-alignment

GBR lineup re-alignment

Postby rkulagow » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:48 pm

A few weeks ago, our upstream changed the format of how lineups are named and coded in the master data. This led to a number of issues that users in that area of the world have been experiencing, including incorrect mapping of postal codes to lineups, or lineups having incorrect regional channels.

We've taken the tickets that you've opened and the feedback you've provided to Gracenote, and they're in the process of generating new lineups to provide additional regional content. They will also be re-examining how they're coding postal codes to lineups.

We've been told that this should all be completed in the next week or so (tentative 2018-02-04). I will update this post as we know more.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: GBR lineup re-alignment

Postby richardxday » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi,

Is there any update on the progress of this?

Thanks,
Richard.
richardxday

Postby rkulagow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 am

Yes - please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website with your postal code so that we can determine if the mapping has been updated.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby Benjamin Markson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 am

rkulagow wrote:...so that we can determine if the mapping has been updated.

Feel free to use my ticket #16328 of the 18th December 2017. You can use it to check if the Oxford transmitter mappings have been updated.

Ticket #16328 wrote:I can confirm that OX3 (this is the postcode area for the Oxford Freeview transmitter) provides:

BBC South (Oxford) [which I think is I1.24326]
ITV Meridian/Central (Thames Valley) [I don't know what I3.code this is now ...it used to be I3.53444 but I think that one is dead]

Currently, OX3 is returning:
BBC South East [I1.24337]
ITV South Meridian [I3.21826]

These are the relevant ukfree.tv maps for the Oxford transmitter:
https://ukfree.tv/maps/bbc/17 - BBC South (Oxford)
https://ukfree.tv/maps/itv/23 - ITV Meridian/Central (Thames Valley)

I would suggest that lots of other postcode areas are returning the wrong regions but I think getting the transmitters postcode areas right would be the biggest win.

I believe OX3 (aka: GBR-1000083-DEFAULT) is still returning BBC South East [I1.24337] and ITV South Meridian [I3.21826]. Which is incorrect.

Is it possible for you to list the BBC1 and ITV1 regions for each of the GBR lineups - that way we might be able to pick the 'best' postcode area for our individual needs. We could also spot any wholly missing regions. If you could post the database structures I'd be happy to have a crack at providing you with some SQL code to do the job.

An alternative solution might be to ask Gracenote to roll the mappings back to where they were before they 'improved' them.

Ben.
Benjamin Markson

Postby Stanno » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am

It's now many weeks since the original tentative fix date of 4th February.
Could someone please update us.
Thank you.
Stanno
Stanno

Return to Service Issues