use Scheduledirect to update WMC

odror

use Scheduledirect to update WMC

Post by odror » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 am

For some reason Microsoft is not updating the EPG promptly for WMC. Is there a way to convert the raw schedule direct data to xmf format so that it can be used with WMC.

I have seen some post on a program called xmltv2xmf. Doe anyone have any experience with that. Is there a different way of doing it.

P.S. I have started using WMC in conjunction with mythtv because in mythtv there is no way to record copy protected programs (with the exception of HDPVR that is not very reliable).

Thanks

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: use Scheduledirect to update WMC

Post by rmeden » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, our contract with Gracenote doesn't allow us to provide data for commercial products (with a few exceptions) including Windows Media Center. So doing so would be a violation of our terms of service. :(

odror

Post by odror » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:10 pm

You can download the data, but the last day is 3/28 with EPG. I have to travel. I would like to program my DVR before I travel. I am missing data for a time that I am going to be away.

Why there is a restriction, when it is for personal use only?

Thanks

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Because our data source (Gracenote)'s business is selling data to large companies (Microsoft, Google, Tivo, etc) for their products.

They're willing to allow Open Source/Hobby software, but don't want it to cut into their other business.

I just checked my Vista Media Center box and you're right.. data stops 3/28. I've seen this before, and M$ has always had stuff fixed before the data runs out. I would sit tight.. it is worrisome to have this problem when you go out of town!

Robert