Schedule times wrong after daylight savings time change

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
carlhage

Schedule times wrong after daylight savings time change

Post by carlhage » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I noticed that my mythtv schedule listings were wrong yesterday when looking at todays (new daylight savings time). The listings correctly showed a jump from 1am to 3am, but then the next days listings were off by 1 hour (they were 1 hour earlier, as if DST correction happened twice). I noticed that some channels were corrected, but could have been EIT overwrite for what I was watching.

Is there a way to not have a major disruption in the future for each time zone change? Seems like people go through extreme grief every 6 months.

I fumbled around with manual commands, finally trying "sudo mythfilldatabase --refresh 0" that finally seemed to replace the data. What is the best way to refresh bad listing data with the correct stuff?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Schedule times wrong after daylight savings time change

Post by rmeden » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 pm

We provide the data in UTC and since very few people have DST issues, it is probably a local problem on your end.

If you use tv_grab_na_dd, it takes a "time offset" to make things more readable, and reports the time in "yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss -tttt" format. (where tttt is the time offset). If your app only looks at hh:mm and doesn't take tttt into account, that can cause the symptoms you're seeing.

I suggest you view some raw data at http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata convert from UTC to local time yourself to determine if something is wrong with the data (it does happen sometimes).

If something is wrong with the data, submit a lineup report with specific examples and we'll get it fixed. Usually it's a local config problem though.

Robert